cz75b

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by john2005, Jul 12, 2012.

1. john2005

john2005 New Member

I am looking to get a cz75b and I really want the Sao trigger but all I can find is da/sa. Should I wait for the Sao or just get the da/sa

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Why do want the single action?

I have a regular DA/SA. I LOVE the feel of this pistol in my hand, but i don't really love how much takeup is in my trigger. Of course, mine is used.

3. john2005

john2005 New Member

Shorter trigger pull

4. john2005

john2005 New Member

But I've never really shot a semi auto with a da/sa trigger only a revolver. Is it something you can get used too?

5. orangello

orangello New Member

You should try one out for a couple boxes of ammo. If you like it, you don't need to wait; if you don't, the search continues.

6. john2005

john2005 New Member

Ya I'm just gonna have to go to the range and rent one.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

I can't get used to da/sa triggers. Other people can and love it.

8. john2005

john2005 New Member

Ya I have a 44 mag revolver with a da/sa trigger and shoot it da but I don't know if I could get used to semi auto with da/sa

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's more of what I meant. SAO or DAO is fine for be, but DA and then SA in a semi auto I can't get used to at all. My second shot always flies.

10. oli700

oli700 New Member

Cajun Gun Works makes a trigger return spring that is light enough that the take up feels nonexistent. They also make a reduced reach trigger kit that takes a lot of the take up out of the picture. I haven’t tried the trigger but I have the spring in and it makes a lot nicer trigger on its own. I put in one of the CGW hammers, sear hook cut for SD, it has 0 creep and a clean break....highly recommended

11. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I own a few DA/SA guns and enjoy them but I would never CCW a DA/SA.

Hitting a target under stress is difficult enough. I see no reason to handicap yourself with a gun that gives you two very different trigger pulls on your first two critical shots.

I do own a CZ75B which is the SA version that does not decock and must be carried locked and cocked ala 1911 style and I love it. Best shooting 9 mm I own.

JMHO

Tack

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  12. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 New Member

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  13. gollygee

gollygee New Member

If a person prefers SAO or DAO they should certainly base their puchases on those requirements. But if you want a particular pistol/brand & DA/SA is all that is available, you can become accustomed to it with practice.

I am a Bersa fan & until they came out with the new striker fired pistol, only offered DA/SA. I carry with a round chambered, decocked & safety off. I realized that when I went to the range, I wasn't using the DA feature because I'd load a mag, chamber a round & begin shooting, all in SA mode so I started decocking it for the first round. As has been stated, a big difference! I changed my practices to include always starting with a decocked pistol & I do this both strong hand & weak hand. I also shoot at least one mag full, decocking after every shot. Now the difference in the two modes does not affect my accuracy as much.

But I must say that I am not a pistol marksman & my goal is not to obtain 2" groups at 25 yards. :) My goal is center mass groups of 8" or less out to about 15 yards, strickly self defense type practice including 'point & shoot' at closer ranges. My 'for fun' & small grouping pistol is a 1911-22. Still working on that.:eek:

14. oli700

oli700 New Member

As far as the decocker ,BD or SP-01 tactical, they decock to a half cock position and are supposed to be carried on the half cock.This really cuts that first pull almost in half as far as distance to the break. A reduced power hammer spring will make it a very nice light pull for a DA pull. Stock is around 20#, I have tried a 16# that felt good. I am now on a 13# but with that I installed a lighter FP return and and lighter FP black spring to keep from getting light strikes.
    Basically I went reduced power trigger return, reduced power firing pin return spring, reduced power firing pin block spring and a 13# hammer spring AKA CGW spring kit 1

I also replaced the hammer with a CGW hammer kit 4 for decockers with the hammer hook cot for defensive carry, this has eliminated all the creep.

I also replaced all the roll pins, trigger and firing pin retainer with carbide pins. If you dry fire a lot you want to replace the FP retaining pin as it takes a ton of abuse and I was surprised at the damage on it……..
    This has resulted in a true creep free 3.5 pound SA and a 7.5 pound DA pull crisp…….tink aftermarket 1911 trigger, no kidding here are some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dry fire damage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Polish the trigger bar and sear cage mating surfaces while you’re in there
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No more one time roll pins
    [​IMG]

15. snyder77

snyder77 New Member

Isn't the reason for a da/sa with a decocker is that the trigger pull is heavy enough that you can carry safty off,hammer down,with one in the camber?...wouldn't lightening the pull be counter intuitive?

16. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

IMHO the purpose of DA/SA is to sell guns to government agency's who are more concerned with cops having ND's than with gun performance.

There is no safety advantage inherent in any DA/SA that exceeds the inherent safety of packing a 1911 SA only locked n cocked as intended.

Shootability and inherent performance are realized in a pistol with a consistant trigger pull.

I've no beef with striker guns or DA only guns as they provide the same consistent trigger pull as an SA Only gun.

Trigger length of pull and weight are subjective and preference based and excellent speed and accuracy can be achieved with practice in any platform that give the prerequisite of "consistent pull".

Tack

17. oli700

oli700 New Member

It’s all about the shooter , their training and preference. Novice shooters? then I think you are on the right path with your thinking, it is a safety feature to have a heavy first pull.
    A disciplined shooter with the ability to keep the trigger finger off the trigger till they need to put it there. That is on the draw and on the target acquisition all the way to the choice to shoot or not. Another thing is that it still takes a deliberate pull of the trigger on DA, no accidental pulls should happen unless someone is drawing or navigating with their finger on the trigger but then that would throw it into the negligent discharge category IMO. A light DA pull makes for a much more accurate first shot while still being safe from accidental discharge, nothing is safe from negligence.
    DA/SA is for a safe chambered carry, it works for a broader spectrum of shooters, less trained or comfortable carrying cocked and locked.
    The decocker it to get the hammer in a safe position while not manipulating the hammer with your fingers taking human error out of the equation, again better for a wider variety of users.

Traditional CZ 75B (no decocker) is a unique pistol because you have a choice to carry cocked and locked of hammer down DA first pull.