Customized my SIG P226 .40

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by GunHo, May 9, 2012.

1. GunHo

GunHo New Member

I got my E2 Grips for my P226 and they feel great. And because there are no screws, it actually gave it a nice clean look. I also got a stainless guide rod and couldn't stand the mis-match with the blued barrel, so I polished it and now it looks awesome. It was super easy. A little vinegar, sand paper (600, 1000, 2000), mothers polish, and a buffing drill bit (I used a dremel), and your done in less than an hour.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

That's an awesome looking sig you have there. Great job!

3. Clem

Clem New Member

My stainless 226 9mm looks just like that, E2 grip and all. I did add the short reach trigger. I have large hands and I still prefer the short trigger.

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Good lookin gun ya got there.

The P226 is one of the finest service pistols on Earth.

5. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Sexy! Man i can't wait to pay off my P226 MK25 and bring her home! :D

6. bigrock44

bigrock44 New Member

That's a really nice Sig.......

7. GunHo

GunHo New Member

Thanks all. I took it for a spin this weekend and completely redeemed myself from the last 2 dissappointing range visit results with this gun. In fact, it was so upsetting, I contemplated with selling it. As much as I doughted it, I'm glad to know it was me all along. The E2 Grip may have helped. It's a completely different feel with my other guns so I made sure I shoot this one first.

8. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Can you put the E2 grips on any sig 226?

9. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Polished up mine too. Just Flitz and a dremmel. Took about an hour. The mag is not extended, just out for a better angle.

Attached Files:

10. GunHo

GunHo New Member

I believe so. However, I did learn that the older/classic P226 has a longer trigger spring which means a shorter spring will need to be ordered. But yours looks like a newer one so the E2 Kit will be completel.

Very nice. good job. On mine, the top part of the chamber was in mirror polish condition, but after shooting, it left some rough marks. oh well, still looks good.

11. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Yeah. The top gets ugly. Mine is the same. Tried to polish it out but no luck. I actually just put the TFO's on mine and got a light, and found the E2 grips. They should be on my gun by next week. Hopefully they r great. And no, I'm not going to shoot the beer bottle. Lol.

Attached Files:

12. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Here is my Sig P226 in 9mm. It came with night sights already installed so all I did was add a Surefire X300 light to it. Man I love this pistol.

[​IMG]

13. Clem

Clem New Member

That is identical to mine, but my 9 is the stainless slide and .40 is the black slide.

Attached Files:

14. GunHo

GunHo New Member

Nice Sigs. Looks like the E2 grips are the way to go...