Chicago PD to require LEO firearm registration

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by CGS, Dec 30, 2013.

1. CGS

CGS New Member

Anyone else hear the news that the Chicago Police Department is requiring their officers to register all of their personal firearms?

The other day, the Chicago Police Department issued an order to all sworn department members stating "Sworn members will register all duty and nonduty firearms with the Department" ( http://directives.chicagopolice.org...e0ca3-81d12-ce0c-aae3aeb1a519d78b.pdf?hl=true ) Section II H This means to me, that as a condition of employment, all police officers must register all firearms with the city. Mind you, any duty related handguns have been registered in the past, but now it's all of their firearms.

2. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Sounds like they don't trust their own police officers Wow

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, have you ever BEEN in Chicago? :rolleyes:

4. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

When I was on Sacramento P.D. We had to register only weapons that we would use,at work duty/backup.

5. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

No I haven't lol but I know what you're saying it is a rough place.
    I guess there just worried about weapons being planted lol I do believe sometimes it needs to be done .
    place is out of control

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

6. scottmac

scottmac New Member

This is likely something the city's legal dept came up with. In case a cop shoots someone with a non-duty weapon.
    In the past, they could carry anything off-duty, but they had to do a full qualification with it, same as their duty weapon.

7. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Who cares? Even the Nazis turned on each other. There is no honor among those in power. :(

8. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Hell half the LEO's in Chicago need to, they are on the wrong side of the law.plus all the Left winged extremist pigs that sit in office don't care about the citizens.:eek:

9. glocknloaded

glocknloaded New Member

I'm against all firearm registration but I think if the citizens are required to then so should LE.

10. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

maybe instead of fearing, negotiating with and in some cases embracing the gangland members in Chi-town, they should pass a law requiring them to register their 'off duty' weapons as well?

Oh wait! There is already a law saying they can't have handguns in Chicago! Problem solved!

(Hey Rahm....YOU are a complete idiot!)

Attached Files:

11. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

12. CGS

CGS New Member

The Chicago Handgun ban was declared unconstitutional in 2010.

13. CGS

CGS New Member

Chicago firearm registration was abolished this year.

We've been making alot of progress in IL lately in our legal battles against our overlords.

14. KG7IL

KG7IL New Member

15. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member

Too many cops think these gun grabbing schemes will not affect them. Wake up, brothers in blue, they are after ALL guns!

16. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member

Agreed ........

17. awahlster

awahlster New Member

Finally a gun control law that will have an effect on crime.

18. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Even the Mayor is afraid of the Chicago Police. They have a criminal record going back to 1835. :eek:

19. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

20. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

They are pissed!And for good reason too!
    And LEOs think the new mayor of Boston is out of his damn mind for refusing BPD patrol officers AR-15s.