Can I conceal Carry in Mississippi when I'm 20?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Tate1, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Tate1

Tate1 New Member

I feel I know the answer to this question, but I feel I should get a better idea and answer from others. I've been shooting all my life and have several handguns. I live in Mississippi and always carry in my truck. The new law passed in MS allowing people to conceal carry without purchasing a Concealed Permit. You can open carry when you're 18 and I'm wondering now that I no longer have to buy a permit does this mean I'm able to conceal my weapon in Mississippi being 20? Thanks in advance!

2. Call State Law Enforcement.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired

Think about how much legal representation you will receive from this site should you cite this as your source of information for concealed carry in MS when stopped by LEO.

But, seeing this is on the internet, it must be true! (NOT)

4. Werminator

Werminator New Member

Agreed with Harkers... Call local sheriff for information. Not police, sheriff's office. Those guys seem to read more gun legislation than regular leos

5. kfox75

kfox75 New Member

This^^.

Far better to ask county level LEOs in most cases, for the above emntioned reason.

Good information in the link, but it doesn't give an answer to the question asked in the OP. It does give a good starting point though, and is worth going over for general information. Make sure you read it Tate.