Buying Hand Guns Kentucky

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Birchhatchery, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Birchhatchery

Birchhatchery New Member

i live in indiana i have a hand gun permit for indiana i am going on vacation to kentucky/tennessee in a month i was wondering if i can just go down their buy a .22 mag revolver with out any hassel in kentucky or tennesee?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I'm pretty sure you have to be a resident of the state to take possession but they will transfer it to your local FFL holder who will charge you a fee to do the paperwork. But I couldn't find a definitive answer for either state.

3. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Federal Laws prohibites the purchase of a handgun in any state where you are not a resident. As stated a gun bought in Ky. would have to be transfered to Indiana. You would have to pick the gun up at your Indiana dealer and fill out :)you paper work.:)

4. unclebear

unclebear New Member

yep true, there was a guy in keenes the other day from indiana was a welder I think he said wanted to buy a new pistol but couldn't because he was a none resident.

5. Birchhatchery

Birchhatchery New Member

what u know uncle bear im comin to bardstown lol ok so that answers that question now say if i find a revolver i really want and they ship it to a dealer here will i just pay the price at the gun shop in kentucky and then when its shiped here i just pay for the paper work or whatever needs done?

i just figured i could get a gun cheapier down their why im asking

6. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Yep. The dealer you buy the gun from will collect the purchase price plus sales tax and send it to a FFL near your residence. Although the FFL they are sending it to has to have a copy of their license with the KY dealer you are buying from. It would have to be pretty cheap in my opinion because most dealers are going to charge the 25 dollar FEDEX fee and the receiving dealer can charge anywhere between 10-30 dollars for the transfer fee. A lot of people buy from budsgunshop (which is in KY) and they ship a lot for free. Funny thing is I was in Gander Mountain the other day which is in IA but a IL resident bought a gun and the store had to ship it across the river to IL.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012