Blackberry Test

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Joshua M. Smith, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Joshua M. Smith

Joshua M. Smith New Member

This is just a test of the Blackberry 8310 and Opera 5.1 on EDGE.

Josh

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

3. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Hmm...Interesting.
    I just got a Blackberry the other day, this means I'm never without FTF?

4. Joshua M. Smith

Hello,

Purty much.

I got it so I could make informed snap decisions at gun stores instead of the regular snap decisions :D

If you Google the browsers, you'll come up with two that work (IMO, the stock one sucks). You'll find Opera, and Bolt. I can't get Bolt to work, though it may be the better browser - it doesn't recognize that I have an internet connection.

If you install Opera, it may determine that you need Opera 4.x. Don't let it install that one. Force it to install Opera 5.1 - it's much, much better and if it runs just a bit slower on the older Blackberries, no biggie.

I really wish Firefox would develop a browser for the BB, but they have no plans to do so, citing incompatibility.

Josh

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

<<< Is headed to crackberry right now to download Opera on my BB....

6. Shihan

Shihan Lifetime Supporting Member

Well, let me know how it works, I use the stock Browser never have issues. I have tried Bolt, don't like it. I may just be used to the stock browser.

7. Joshua M. Smith

The ideal would be for Apple to release Safari for Blackberry. That's unlikely to happen though, as Apple and RIM are in direct competition... Though it did eventually happen with Apple and Microsoft...

Josh

8. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Android FTW. Dolphin Browser works like Firefox. It's pretty much incredible.

I'm a long time mac user and I have never been able to stand safari. Opera isn't bad though.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Firefox = Surfing the web in S----L----O----W motion.

I hate Firefox. It has just about as many holes as IE and is slower than dirt. Google's chrome is the fastest most secure browser out there.

10. Shihan

Shihan Lifetime Supporting Member

That doesn't tell me how the Opera is working on the BB. :D

I like the Firefox, I has an AR skin on my FF.

11. Joshua M. Smith

I've not found the plugins I like to run, available for Chrome. Maybe I need to check again, but things like NoScript and Ad Block Plus are what I really prefer for surfing. The Internet is so much better without ads.

Josh

12. Joshua M. Smith

Ok, it appears they've improved Chrome.

I'm running it now, but we'll see how I like it. I'm keeping Firefox in reserve should I decide I don't like Chrome.

Thanks,

Josh

13. Angry_bald_guy

Angry_bald_guy Lifetime Supporting Member

I haven't found any decent plugins for what I want when using chrome. I would like to have a youtube downloader for chrome, but couldn't find it. The only reason I have FF on my computer right now is for that.

EDIT: Just checked extensions again. They have ad blockers and youtube downloaders now.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  14. Joshua M. Smith

Hello,

I just tried Chrome. I couldn't get a Youtube downloader to work on more than the Youtube site. (I store my personal vids in .flv format elsewhere as well, and would like to be able to save them, as well as other .flv vids for offline viewing).

It's coming along, but it's not where I need it to be yet.

The tweaks I did to Firefox make it just a bit slower than Chrome - and I noticed Chrome getting much slower with the plugins. When all was said and done, they were running at about the same speed.

Thanks,

Josh