Beretta PX Storm Rail

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by themagician8, Dec 20, 2013.

1. themagician8

themagician8 New Member

Bought my first fire arm a few months back.
    A 40 cal. Beretta Px4 Storm Subcompact.
    Love the gun!
    Unfortunately I dropped it on a conctrete sidewalk
    and the front of the rail got chewed up really badly.
    I searched the net for a replacement rail briefly, including Beretta's
    website, but couldn't find one.
    Does anyone know if this is a replaceable part?
    And where I could find one?
    Or some alternative solution.
    As I said, I really love this gun, but now I'm sad cuz it looks
    like crap.
    Thanks!

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc New Member

Since this is your first carry gun you will have to treat some things like the first scratch on a new car. Carry guns should get a bit ugly over time. Otherwise just leave them in the safe at home, just like you can just garage a new car and not take it anywhere.

If we could see a pic of the damage it may be possible to offer some solutions. If the rail still works, as far as being able to mount stuff, I wouldn't worry about it much. If it won't mount anything, you can do some light file or sandpaper work to smooth out any burrs. Since it is molded into the frame, there is no "replacement rail".

Do you actually mount anything to the rail? Usually if someone gets a subcompact, conceal ability is the first priority and adding stuff on a rail usually makes it harder to conceal.

Next question? How'd you drop it? May be time to look for a better holster.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired

Welcome to the forum! We have an area that we ask new comers to stop by and say "Hi".

I'm curious. What do you use the rail for? I dislike rails on my carry pieces. They seem to tear up things and are useless to me.

4. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat

Here's a pic of mine and if you are writing about the small rail under the barrel unless you plan on putting a light on it don't worry about fixing it, just call it a combat mark. ;)

[​IMG]