ar drum mag

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by johnfs, Jun 11, 2013.

1. johnfs

johnfs New Member

a friend gave me a 100 rd drum mag is there anyone who knows any maint i should to do it any info would help

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member

johnfs,

I do not know of any specific maintenance that must be performed on the unit. You hear good things about their reliability and bad things. But just to advise, 100 Bata Mags and clones are cool and could have an important roll if the SHTF someday. But as a concern, I want to advise you in case you are not aware that the enemy to your rifle's chamber is prolonged firing and the high heat range it produces in the Throat Area of your Rifle's Chamber. What I am saying those who want to increase wear on the AR or M-4 Rifle subject them to a vast amount of rounds at a time with out stopping to allow the rifle to cool off. Like firing a whole Bata or similar round at a time. That is why auto rifles must have their barrels replaced quicker than the semi-auto rifle if they are not abused. With that said have fun and enjoy your new item.:)

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

dont take it apart dont oil it if it is plastic. there is no real maintenance to be done.

4. johnfs

johnfs New Member

ok no oil just never seen one before belive it is norinco 110 round
    best thing was the price free lol nothing wrong with 3 round burst it has a little rust color to out side
    may give outside a little olive drab

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  5. CGS

CGS New Member

You might need a new camera LOL

6. johnfs

johnfs New Member

lol sorry to lazy to get real camera out useing my ipod

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

ohhhhhh thats a different story. those types need to be wiped down from time to time. just dont disassemble the mechanism its a cast iron bitch to get em back together