AR-15, free float piston systen with foward charging handle

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Nathantc, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMyK7o7DOGQ&feature=uploademail]Gunblast.com - Adcor Defense 5.56 x 45mm B.E.A.R. (Brown Enhanced Automatic Rifle) - YouTube[/ame]

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Hmmmm....very nice concept, very little friction/wear and easy field strip as well, I like that. An AK design incorporated concept.

$1000-$1500 ranging for the uppers, it's not a LaRue, but I could comfortably get used to it. :cool:

3. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

Now if they would use this piston design in a 24" varmint set up that would be great, I badly want a piston precision rifle, some say it can't be done, I say it just hasn't been done yet. Sort of like this free float piston system. I also fell in love when I seen the AK style carrier.

4. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

on a side note, i like the look of magpul BUS but thats where the like ends, why cant they just make the front sight the right height.

5. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Eh, I don't have a need for it, and there is one problem that comes to mind. Most right handed shooters that have a light on their rifle will have it on the left side. Most right handed shooters would also have the charging handle on the right side, which would create a problem. The light is going to prevent you from getting to the charging handle easily, thus making you move your light.

-Fred

6. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

problem solved........:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I don't use VGs though. I use a thumb over grip either with or without the AFG so I need the light to be on the left hand side where I can hit it easy. The only other option would be to use a pressure switch but I don't really like them very much.

-Fred

8. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

i can fully understand not likeing the chincy pressure switches as well, hence my set up. and i can see what you mean, but if u watched the vid, it has a standard CH as well as the foward CH at the same time.

9. Gloves

Gloves New Member

Nice, thanks for sharing.

10. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Forceing the use of a beer can grip isn't doing anyone any favors.

11. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

what do u mean by that

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

It forces you to use a support grip like how you would hold a beer can. Its not a natural grip (at least for most, lol) and doesn't do a lot for stability. I used to use a similar grip and after switching to a thumb over I've noticed a huge improvement in, well, everything.

13. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

That's why I stay away form VGs. It leaves all the rifle's weight above your hand, causing a lot of sway when you're swinging the rifle. Plus as mj said, it's not a natural position, and for me it gets uncomfortable after shooting for very long. If I were gonna use that type of grip, I'd just grab ahold of the mag well.

It's all personal preference. If VGs work for you, then use them, but I would recommend at least trying the thumb over for a range session, either with or without an AFG. If you try it, make sure and get your hand as far out on the hand guard as you can to get the most of the grip.

-Fred