Anyone Shooting?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by hareebrownbeest, Mar 5, 2013.

1. hareebrownbeest

hareebrownbeest New Member

Re any of you recreationally shooting or are you holding on to what you got? I can't find .22 anywhere, well at reasonable prices, not to go shoot for fun.

2. hareebrownbeest

image-3081672737.jpg

Can't shoot my bad ass rifle:(

3. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I shoot all the time (especially my .22's). Ammo is hard to find, but I do a lot of bartering for ammo with stuff that I no longer need or want through craigslist. Tomorrow I am trading a house jack for 5000 rounds of .22

4. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

What is that? Looks sweet. And I haven't been shooting as often lately, going this friday though.

5. hareebrownbeest

I traded this for this

image-2038554585.jpg

For this

image-1133028080.jpg

But I ain't trading **** for no ammo!!!

6. Donn

Donn New Member

I've got a pile of .22lr and 9mm that should allow weekly range visits till the current madness abates. Holding on to .38 Super, .45acp and 5.56NATO and a few others. Unlike some others here, I'm not so sure the current situation will ever get back to normal. Choking off ammo and reloading supplies is a lot easier than gun confiscation and you can bet the interested parties in D.C. are paying attention. Hope I'm wrong, but there it is.

7. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I've been going to the range quite frequently the last 2 weeks. Converted a buddy of mines anti-gun wife into a stone cold gun addict. Everyday she calls wanting to go again. Anyway, in the last 2 weeks I'd say I've used about 2000 rounds of 22 and maybe 400 rounds of .223 along with various amounts of .32, 9mm and .45. So yea, I'm still shooting. But I still have more than enough on hand to do what I want

8. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Shot couple hundred rounds of .22 about a month ago to break in a new Ruger. Had "anxiety attack" after third or fourth box, went home scared and confused.

9. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I found the house jack that I can't/won't use and I can't find ammo. I really don't give a damn if you would trade anything for ammo or not.

10. shadecorp

shadecorp New Member

Been so long since I have been to the range.
    Going to call and see if I can buy ammo. from them to shoot at their range.
    Have to take my Granddaughter.

11. Firenailer

Firenailer New Member

I was able to pick up 3 / 225 count boxes of Remington 22 LR this morning at Walmart after I pointed out the box hidden under the counter to the cashier. This BS has to stop soon!

I don't even like Remington ammo, but at least I can go shoot this week!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  12. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I will say, one thing I did notice the other night when I went into walmart is that they no only 1 box of handgun caliber ammo, and it was 45LC. They way they rearranged the ammo shelf makes it appear they are no longer going to sell handgun caliber rounds. They had plenty of .243, .270, .300, .308, 30-06 on hand, otherwise all shotgun shells.

13. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

yea i reached the point where I shoot my 22 like it was a handgun. about a box of 50-100 one or two times a month. last summer it was several hundred a weekend or a brick a month.

I set my minimum stock pile limit and if I can find a few hundred rounds at a store, I'll take that amount from my oldest in stock and go shooting.

Just my plan of rationing what i shoot

BTW: I only keep a few bulk pack bricks in the cupboard any way.

14. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

I just picked up 3760rds of 22lr. I will be shooting some.

15. hareebrownbeest

I noticed not much of a shortage on the higher caliber rounds and availability (30.06, 30-30) and no raise in price here. So why the .22 caliber? I know it's (was) cheap to shoot but, talk about a less lethal round, I mean if someone was to do something stupid why are the high powered rounds easier to get? I'm not getting this at all. The .22 round you would think would be easy to get ahold of.

16. longunner

longunner New Member

My air guns have replaced my big boy toys for now. They shoot MOB (Minute Of Beercan :D) at 25 yards so it keeps me happy for now.

17. mrm14

mrm14 New Member

I still go through about 400 rounds of 260 Rem. and about 160 or so rounds of 300 WM. every month. I have had no problem getting the kind of ammunition I shoot and I do reload as well.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  18. hareebrownbeest

Minute of beer can, I like that

19. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I've probably used about 1000 rounds of 22 in the last 2 weeks. It's been readily available in the last couple weeks so I barely dented my stock