ACOG/red dots/green dots etc

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by inbredyokel, Aug 10, 2011.

1. inbredyokel

inbredyokel New Member

Allo folks,

I’ve come on here to as I need your help please.

I’m a horrible Limey, I live in the UK, I work in private security, and I’m trying to buy a reasonable weapon sighting/aiming system for a rifle.
    And apparently I can’t.

Even though I was a soldier for ages and ages and ages and used ACOG/Eotech/Aimpoint and (the then) latest gen kit…I can’t seem to order an ACOG/Eotech/Aimpoint from the US, (US Customs regulations regarding exporting of sensitive secret squirrel stuff… I can get my mitts on ACOG/Eotech/Aimpoint in the UK, but at usually more than twice the US price).

I know there is the “you get what you pay for” aspect to it all, but I’m looking for an easily zeroable robust combat optic that won’t involve me having my pants pulled down over the price…and a company that are willing/able to ship to the UK.

I’m also tired of trawling through a ton of pages, only to find that the optics I’m looking at are replicas for airsofters or are poor quality/not suitable.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Cheers.

2. inbredyokel

inbredyokel New Member

wow...I'm so completely overwhelmed by the strength of your responses I'm left bereft of words.
    Thank you.

3. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  4. inbredyokel

inbredyokel New Member

Cheers mate, very much appreciated.