2nd gen Glock 19

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by southchatham, Apr 28, 2010.

1. southchatham

southchatham New Member

I've never had a Glock. I can't buy new Glocks in my state. I can buy used 2nd Gen Glocks. Just wondering what you guys think of the 2nd gen 19. What to look for when buying a used Glock. I'll either be getting a used Glock 19 or a New M&P compact. Thanks.

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Wow, never heard of a state where you can't buy a new Glock. Anyway, if you can live without the finger grooves and the rail you'll be OK. Glocks are guaranteed forever so new or used doesn't really make a difference...

3. ike54ato

ike54ato New Member

I'm not sure if this is a stupid questions or if it shows how naive I am when it comes to weapons, but do you mean that they are legitimately guaranteed by Glock, or just that they are so good you don't have to worry about it breaking?

4. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

They are legitimately guaranteed by Glock, unless the damage is due to negligence, it does not matter if you are the original owner or not.

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I used to live about 5 miles from their plant in Smyrna GA and you could bring in your gun and they'd go through it while you wait...

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Just make sure it's not a pig nose.

Attached Files:

7. ike54ato

ike54ato New Member

Just when I thought I couldn't like Glock anymore I get this information... Well I will definitely be trying to find somewhere to buy one from before I turn 21.

And what do u mean make sure it's not a pig nose? What does that mean?

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Warped frame, see photo below.

9. ike54ato

ike54ato New Member

Oh ok. You mean if I were to buy a used one that I need to make sure it doesn't look like that. Gotcha. I thought u were saying that that is a certain type of gun that isnt covered by the warranty that Glock gives on all their guns.

10. Freedom-1911

Freedom-1911 New Member

Don't know the SWM&P, But I am not impressed with their Sigma.
    I can't picture a used gen2 Glock being a worse buy than a new SW.
    I use to hate Glocks, but admit had never fired, handled or owned one.
    Today, I own the 19 and the 17 and am as happy as a pig in a mud wholler.
    Or however that goes.
    If some one were to make me the offer of the Glock over the SW I'd take the Glock hands down.

11. Freedom-1911

Freedom-1911 New Member

Just wondering. Why? is it that you cant buy a Gen3 or 4 when they come out, Glock 19 in your state? What state do you live in? Please don't say Ill or CA.
    Or well if you did that would explain a lot.

12. southchatham

southchatham New Member

MA, Not only Glock but most others like all Taurus, Springfield, Keltec, Ruger lcp, etc. You also need a license to buy a firearm. At least you can get a license to carry, depending on what town you live in. I have one. Crazy here.

I wound up getting the M&P compact.

Last edited: May 18, 2010