10/22 Browning 1919A6 and 10/22 MG42 build

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by defcon, Oct 5, 2012.

1. defcon

defcon New Member

Adding a few more WWII conversion kits to my .22 arsenal

Just purchased a few parts. Will be bending my own receiver probably with 20 gauge sheet metal.

The 10/22 trigger housing will be positioned outside right under the stock with custom brackets.

Also I need to figure out how to bed the rest of the action and barrel since its going to sit pretty high.

I will have dummy bullets linked up that will be hanging out on the left side for looks.

I will also do a 10/22 Browning M2 Ma Deuce after I finish this build.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's what it will look like after I get everything welded/bolted up.
    [​IMG]

Ruger 10/22 MG42 conversion
    I'm already collecting MG42 parts for rewelding. Will be also making the receiver using 18-20 gauge sheet metal

Still need to purchase the rest of the parts:
    Top cover
    Feed ramp
    Butt stock
    Pistol grip
    Bipod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. defcon

defcon New Member

i have that MG42 dress up kit for the 10/22 and its a POS because the plastic is extremely flimsy and cheap. it should be worth less than $20. also its not even full size replica. thats why im doing one with a parts kit.

watch this.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFB32s_tdyU[/ame]

3. defcon

defcon New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFkGUC7Bo5U[/ame]

4. aardvarkrh

aardvarkrh New Member

100% right about the plastic MG 42 kit being a POS. However, got one from a guy that wasn't very happy with it, for 50 bucks and had a lot of fun putting it together. Found a complete basket 10/22 for 200 bucks complete, went thru it, did a trigger shim job, auto bolt stop, slapped on the plastic & here it is. Added some weight to the grip & stock & painted it up. Have run about 200 rounds thru it without any problems. Definitely not a go to gun, but lotsa fun to shoot.

Attached Files: