Zimmerman Trial: Tired of media bias? See gun-friendly legal coverage
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Zimmerman Trial: Tired of media bias? See gun-friendly legal coverage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default Zimmerman Trial: Tired of media bias? See gun-friendly legal coverage

Hey folks,

I just wanted to drop a note to let you know I'm covering the George Zimmerman trial down in Florida for one of the internet's largest legal blogs, Legal Insurrection.

Some of you may know me as a lawyer with a practice specializing in the law of self defense, others as that guy who shoots the IDPA matches wearing a suit jacket along with his cargo pants.

In any case, if you're tired of the incredibly biased mainstream media coverage (or should I call it mis-coverage) of the Zimmerman case, consider taking a look at my coverage of the trial and analysis of the legal issues, all from the perspective of a gun guy who has CCW'd every day of his adult life.

It is, of course, all entirely free, and Legal Insurrection doesn't sell anything.

Past coverage (up through last night's daily wrap-up post) can be found here: http://bit.ly/15KXK1a

Today's live coverage will be added to that list when Court goes into session at 9AM.

Thanks for your consideration!

Andrew

Andrew F. Branca
Attorney at Law (MA)

"Your best weapon is between your ears . . . provided it's loaded."--Robert Heinlein
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Nothing in this email constitutes legal advice.
Nothing in this email establishes an attorney-client relationship, nor confidentiality.
If you are in immediate need of legal advice, retain a licensed, competent attorney in your jurisdiction.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Interesting reading. Thanks for doing this as it is real and obviously something we will never see in the mainstream media. I'm so fed up with PC in America, reverse discrimination, how lies are now the truth, and how most Americans are now out and out kitty cats (easy to figure out what I really mean). If the truth causes riots, then perhaps that is what needs to happen to finally force what is coming. And it is coming. It is just a matter of time before some "event" ignites the powderkeg of absolute insanity that has come to characterize normalcy in America these days.

My wife has quit wondering, and now fully understands and supports, having thousands of rounds of 5.56, 30 loaded 30 rounders, and two fully locked and loaded AR15's and an AR10 at the ready in the gun safe. That in addition to the Ed Brown I wear daily and the G32 she has immediate access to. My grandfather predicted this when we were engaged, 31 years ago and we thought gramps was kinda crazy. Actually we now know just how smart he was. Kinda glad for him that he isn't here to see it.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #3

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Thumbs up

Mr. Branca I say thank you Sir and I'm sure I'm speaking for many here at this site!

Old 06-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankStone View Post
Mr. Branca I say thank you Sir and I'm sure I'm speaking for many here at this site!
My apologies to all here, but after I made my first post in this thread I vaguely recalled that I had been previously informed by one or more of this forum's moderators that they do not want Zimmerman content posted in the forum.

Having recalled that, I've stopped adding any Zimmerman content to this thread or anywhere else in the forum. Otherwise I would have been adding 2-3 posts to this thread a day, as I have in other forums.

I'm well aware, however, that I'm just a guest in someone else's house, and need to abide by their rules.

If there has been a change in forum policy with regard to Zimmerman coverage and a moderator with appropriate authority would inform me that such coverage is now permitted I'll be glad to start adding ongoing coverage of the case to this thread.

Otherwise, however, this will be my last post on the matter, consistent with my understanding of forum policy.

Thanks for your understanding.

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense
Facebook: Law of Self Defense

Andrew F. Branca
Attorney at Law (MA)

"Your best weapon is between your ears . . . provided it's loaded."--Robert Heinlein
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Nothing in this email constitutes legal advice.
Nothing in this email establishes an attorney-client relationship, nor confidentiality.
If you are in immediate need of legal advice, retain a licensed, competent attorney in your jurisdiction.

HankStone Likes This 
Old 06-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #5

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I think it is great that you are keeping us updated with what is going on in this crazy trial!!! Keep up the good work.