your overall stance on gun control laws - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > your overall stance on gun control laws

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 11

As The NRA puts it: "When guns become outlawed only outlaws will own guns".

Old 07-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #12

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

BACKGROUND CHECKS TO PURCHASE FIREARMS? NICS is more than enough. No criminal record or record of mental illness, no restriction.

BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ALL SALES AT GUN SHOWS? See above.

BACKGROUND CHECKS/MODERATION OF PRIVATE SALES? No restrictions on private sales.

BACKGROUND CHECKS AT RETAIL STORES? See number one.

CITIZENS HAVING THE RIGHT TO "OPEN CARRY?" Yes.

CITIZENS HAVING THE RIGHT TO CARRY (LOADED FIREARM) CONCEALED W/O A CONCEALED LICENSE? Yes. A license can be revoked, the right to keep and BEAR arms cannot!

CITIZENS HAVING THE RIGHT TO CARRY WITH A LICENSE (AND TRAINING)? If the person wants training, fine. It should be recommended not mandated.

REQUIRING 50% OFF CONCEALED LICENSE COURSES FOR WOMEN AND SENIORS? OK.

CITIZENS BEING REQUIRED TO HAVE A BASIC TRAINING TO PURCHASE A FIREARM? No.

RESTRICTIONS ON OWNERSHIP OF FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS? No. See number one for NICS check.

BAN ON OWNERSHIP OF FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS? No.

RESTRICTIONS ON MAGAZINE CAPACITY (ANY RESTRICTIONS)? No.

RESTRICTIONS ON "SO CALLED" ASSAULT WEAPON FEATURES (PISTOL GRIPS, FLASH HINDERS, ETC)? None!

LIMITATIONS OF AMOUNT OF FIREARMS PURCHASED IN A PERIOD? No.

LIMITATIONS ON AMMO PURCHASED IN A PERIOD? No.

REQUIRED RED FLAGS/NOTIFICATIONS TO AUTHORITIES BASED ON HIGH VOLUME SALES OF FIREARMS/AMMO BY INDIVIDUALS? No.

RESTRICTIONS/BANS ON FIREARM OWNERSHIP FOR ANY CRIMINAL CONVICTION? This is too vague. It would depend on the severity of the conviction. Violent crime convictions should restrict a person's ability to own firearms.

RESTRICTIONS/BANS ON FIREARM OWNERSHIP FOR VIOLENT CRIMINALS ONLY? Yes.

ALLOWING CRIMINALS CONVICTED OF MINOR, NON-VIOLENT CRIMES (DWI, WEED, MINOR THEFT) TO PURCHASE FIREARMS LEGALLY? Possibly after a period of time to see if the person is a repeated violator.

RESTRICTIONS/BANS ON NON-CITIZENS LEGALLY PURCHASING FIREARMS IN THE US? Yes.

REQUIRED REGISTRATION OF FIREARMS (LIKE YOUR CAR)? No!

RESTRICTIONS ON CERTAIN TYPES OF AMMO? no.

BANS ON WEAPONS LIKE GRENADE LAUCHERS, FLAME THROWERS, AND EXPLOSIVES? Yes.

BANS ON HIGHER POWER RIFLES CALIBERS (50BMG ish)? No.

RESTRICTIONS ON AGE TO PURCHASE A FIREARM? 18. If a person can defend the Country in the military, they should be able to own a gun to defend themselves and loved ones.

RESTRICITONS ON AGE TO USE A FIREARM? As long as a parent or legal guardian is present, no restrictions.

REQUIRING EVERY CITIZEN TO OWN A GUN? No, it should be a choice.

LAWS LIKE "STAND YOUR GROUND" OR THE "CASTLE DOCTRINE"? YES!

LAWS THAT PUNISH NEGLIGENT GUN OWNERS FOR FAILURE TO PRACTICE BASIC GUN SAFETY? No.

HARSHER PENALTIES FOR CRIMINALS CONVICTED OF SELLING ILLEGAL FIREARMS? YES!!

ABSOLUETLY NO RESTRCTIONS/LAWS/BANS ON ANY SALE OR USE OF ANY TYPE OF FIREARM OR AMMO, AS LONG AS THE USE IS NOT CRIMINAL? Yes.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 07-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #13

Liked 3185 Times on 1900 Posts
Likes Given: 2250

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Zero gun control.

I think that sums it up.

We should be able to walk into any gunstore buy a machine gun and walk right out without filling out any paperwork.

It worked just fine for nearly the first 200 years of our nation. I firmly believe all the problems we face today are solely the cause of government over regulation.
honestly? so, a man convicted of murder and rape, out on parole....should be able to walk in any gun store and purchase any firearm he pleases?

that is ZERO gun control, no? we'll have to agree to disagree completely.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #14

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

BACKGROUND CHECKS TO PURCHASE FIREARMS? Support

BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ALL SALES AT GUN SHOWS? Support

BACKGROUND CHECKS/MODERATION OF PRIVATE SALES? Support

BACKGROUND CHECKS AT RETAIL STORES? Support

CITIZENS HAVING THE RIGHT TO "OPEN CARRY?" Support

CITIZENS HAVING THE RIGHT TO CARRY (LOADED FIREARM) CONCEALED W/O A CONCEALED LICENSE? Support

CITIZENS HAVING THE RIGHT TO CARRY WITH A LICENSE (AND TRAINING)? Support

REQUIRING 50% OFF CONCEALED LICENSE COURSES FOR WOMEN AND SENIORS? Support

CITIZENS BEING REQUIRED TO HAVE A BASIC TRAINING TO PURCHASE A FIREARM? Protest

RESTRICTIONS ON OWNERSHIP OF FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS? Protest

BAN ON OWNERSHIP OF FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS? Protest

RESTRICTIONS ON MAGAZINE CAPACITY (ANY RESTRICTIONS)? Protest

RESTRICTIONS ON "SO CALLED" ASSAULT WEAPON FEATURES (PISTOL GRIPS, FLASH HINDERS, ETC)? Protest

LIMITATIONS OF AMOUNT OF FIREARMS PURCHASED IN A PERIOD? Support

LIMITATIONS ON AMMO PURCHASED IN A PERIOD? Protest

REQUIRED RED FLAGS/NOTIFICATIONS TO AUTHORITIES BASED ON HIGH VOLUME SALES OF FIREARMS/AMMO BY INDIVIDUALS? Support

RESTRICTIONS/BANS ON FIREARM OWNERSHIP FOR ANY CRIMINAL CONVICTION? Support

RESTRICTIONS/BANS ON FIREARM OWNERSHIP FOR VIOLENT CRIMINALS ONLY?
Support

ALLOWING CRIMINALS CONVICTED OF MINOR, NON-VIOLENT CRIMES (DWI, WEED, MINOR THEFT) TO PURCHASE FIREARMS LEGALLY? Protest

RESTRICTIONS/BANS ON NON-CITIZENS LEGALLY PURCHASING FIREARMS IN THE US?
Support

REQUIRED REGISTRATION OF FIREARMS (LIKE YOUR CAR)? Protest

RESTRICTIONS ON CERTAIN TYPES OF AMMO? Protest

BANS ON WEAPONS LIKE GRENADE LAUCHERS, FLAME THROWERS, AND EXPLOSIVES? Support

BANS ON HIGHER POWER RIFLES CALIBERS (50BMG ish)? Protest

RESTRICTIONS ON AGE TO PURCHASE A FIREARM? Support

RESTRICITONS ON AGE TO USE A FIREARM?
Protest

REQUIRING EVERY CITIZEN TO OWN A GUN?
Support

LAWS LIKE "STAND YOUR GROUND" OR THE "CASTLE DOCTRINE"? Support

LAWS THAT PUNISH NEGLIGENT GUN OWNERS FOR FAILURE TO PRACTICE BASIC GUN SAFETY? Support

HARSHER PENALTIES FOR CRIMINALS CONVICTED OF SELLING ILLEGAL FIREARMS?
Support

ABSOLUETLY NO RESTRCTIONS/LAWS/BANS ON ANY SALE OR USE OF ANY TYPE OF FIREARM OR AMMO, AS LONG AS THE USE IS NOT CRIMINAL? Support

Last edited by Rarity; 07-27-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #15

Liked 374 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy

honestly? so, a man convicted of murder and rape, out on parole....should be able to walk in any gun store and purchase any firearm he pleases?

Violent criminals should be hanged!

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

Old 07-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #16

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Based on your list I can't see how you possibly support 2A.

You are basically willing to cave on every hot topic issue that has been raised by the media in the last 20 years.

Age restriction to USE a firearm?!?! Really? I was taught to shoot beer cans off a saw horse in the backyard with a BB gun when I was four. Many here have very similar backgrounds. So my father wasn't a responsible parent in your view?

Protest open carry? Why?

Restrictions on Automatic Weapon sales, but undecided on an outright ban? That is a contradiction in and of itself. Either you want restrictions and are against a ban, or you want a ban altogether. Not really a gray area there.

There are already laws on the books to ban ownership by felons, but yet felons keep getting guns and using them illegally. How about we make the government actually enforce some of those laws on the CRIMINALS before they start trying to legislate what I, and the other fine members of this forum & country, do or own?

I'm sorry but the whole idea behind the Second Amendment was that the citizenry should have the ability and Inalienable Right to own weaponry that is equivalent to that which is held by the government to insure that the government does not make subjects of us all.

Restricting sales of any hardware to civilians is walking all over that intent and is not what the founding fathers had in mind for a new land where everyone would be free to pursue their own way of life.

Which brings me back to my problem with restricting sales of any weapons in the first place.

• It's not like laws in the US are going to restrict the black market for the 900 gazillion weapons that have been produced in foreign countries.
  • Suddenly another law isn't going to make 700-800 million AK variants vanish into thin air.
  • A new US law isn't going to make FAL's produced in the millions to just fall into a void and never be used again.
  • Another restriction on US gun owners isn't going to magically return the hundreds of thousands of weapons that have been battlefield recovered all over the globe, back into the hands of the US Military.
I mean really. Everything that is illegal, has a black market. How much did we spend on the Prohibition? How much on the War on Drugs? It's not like you couldn't get booze during Prohibition. It's not like you can't get drugs of every kind and make.

Hell every weekend, for like 48 weekends a year, we celebrate an event that was STARTED by criminals running illegal moonshine from the Feds.

It's called NASCAR.

Restricting an honest and law abiding citizen from the purchase of a weapon make no sense until you can GUARANTEE that criminals won't have access to the exact same piece of hardware. Period.

JD
Old 07-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #17

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Shall not be infringed....... this sums it up for me. We have gun laws, we have background checks and we have restrictions already in place on what we can and cannot purchase. Short of calling all members of society insane until proven otherwise there is no way to rid society of people intent on doing other people harm.

The government cannot legislate safety just like they cannot legislate obesity. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Just like salad won't rid the country of obesity, more gun control won't rid the country of evil people.

Perhaps our government should focus on enforcement of current law with penalties that are served swiftly for rape, murder, child molestation and so on. Perhaps we need a death penalty that sends the guilty to death directly after the court verdict instead of sitting on death row for 50 years...... criminals would think twice if justice were swift.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #18

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post

i agree 100% w/JonM

the way i see it... if there was less LAWS everywhere,& not just gun laws;the (Right) would Sort out the (Wrong).what we have now isnt working!!!& never will.We are not living in the wild west-its a hell of alot worse!!

any tax paying citizen/s should be allowed to purchase anything our government owns,even nukes!

Last edited by m72law; 07-27-2012 at 05:41 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #19

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
i agree 100% w/JonM

the way i see it... if there was less LAWS everywhere,& not just gun laws;the (Right) would Sort out the (Wrong).what we have now isnt working!!!& never will.We are not living in the wild west-its a hell of alot worse!!

any tax paying person should be allowed to purchase anything our government owns,even nukes!
HAAA!! That explains the avatar!!

On topic...good people KNOW right from wrong, we don't need no stinkin' laws to tell us the difference...
Old 07-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I support background checks and support being a US citizen

" TO EACH HIS OWN "

m72law Likes This 
Closed Thread