your gun rights during a state of emergency - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > your gun rights during a state of emergency

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Sorry to be off topic, but I thought "AO" meant area of operation. Any ground pounders feel free to correct. Let's get real here people, in an emergency which comes first: the "law" or your family? Most like me would say family, therefore the "law" isn't the "law" in my book. Putting on a govt or state issued piece of clothing doesn't trump my or my families safety. No disrespect to LEOs or MIL personnel, just saying...

Old 11-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #62

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Marine Gen. Chesty Puller was in Korea when the Chinese swarmed out and nearly overwhelmed his troops. Some one asked him if he was retreating--his reply--"hell no, am just attacking in the other direction". They did and fought their way back south. Gen. Patton said in talking about the Maginot line (defensive line of forts/bunkers/walls between Germany/France)--"Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man". Like another said--nothing dishonorable about a strategic withdrawal. A plan without fall back positions/escape routes/rally points/caches is a "plan to fail".

Old 11-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #63
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1365 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 3441

Actually it can be used either way since if you are "operating" in a area you are also "occupying" said area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Sorry to be off topic, but I thought "AO" meant area of operation. Any ground pounders feel free to correct. Let's get real here people, in an emergency which comes first: the "law" or your family? Most like me would say family, therefore the "law" isn't the "law" in my book. Putting on a govt or state issued piece of clothing doesn't trump my or my families safety. No disrespect to LEOs or MIL personnel, just saying...
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 11-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #64
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6319 Times on 3153 Posts
Likes Given: 6784

Did anyone ever think a soft drink would be banned? FOOG has taken on a whole new meaning and its not really always for our good, often it advantages those in charge. They will take our weapons if they want, some of us will die trying to protect what we think is ours but just like our land, its only ours if they agree it is and we pay taxes.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #65

Liked 2544 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Looks like a stalemate to me, because the ones without the guns won't get off

their lazy asses and do something about it...