Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > your gun rights during a state of emergency

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

I'm pretty much at a lose as to why anyone would give up a legally owned firearm to anyone

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 10-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Fema guy knocks on the door he is getting run the hell off. How do i know he is actually fema and not some thug claiming such in order to easily steal my firearms.

Wonder how many stupid people thats going to happen to...
Fema guy + thug = 2 thugs. Just saying.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:38 PM   #23
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1905 Times on 1042 Posts
Likes Given: 691

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The folks that live in the High Lonesome of the Rocky Mtns are warriors. Randy Weaver and his family were tough no give Idaho gun owners. Randy was set up by the BATF. They sent in Federal Snipers who killed his wife, dog and two children. Randy was a VN Vet but you can only give so much. The Feds can push the stakes higher than you can reach.
The government can bring overwhelming force to bear on individual targets, but I think the topic is more directed towards what if they tried to enforce a widespread confiscation. That would require spreading their manpower quite thin.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 10-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
Legal or not if the police ask for your guns you have no choice but to give them up. They always have over-whelming force so you give up or you die. If you are an old guy like me with little to lose it would be bad for the police but you young guys had best give up so you can pick your later battles.
Fear is what allows dictators to control nations, courage is what allows the people themselves to control nations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
if they try to take guns there will be a whole pack of 'em
That would not work out well for the police. After the first couple houses they do this too, phone calls will be made, and people will gather. I wouldn't give it long before the police found themselves completely outgunned, out numbered, and surrounded.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #25

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Fear is what allows dictators to control nations, courage is what allows the people themselves to control nations.

That would not work out well for the police. After the first couple houses they do this too, phone calls will be made, and people will gather. I wouldn't give it long before the police found themselves completely outgunned, out numbered, and surrounded.
Sadly-- I doubt it-
Most people are sheep

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 10-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4462 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
I agree with this 100%....I often wonder how much water that arguement holds for anyone claiming to be an authority in other situations. The police pull you over on a rural road at night for instance.
Actually had that happen when i was still in texas. Had a officer in an unmarked car try to pull me over at night. I drove 10 miles at the speed limit to the next well lit service station with a lot of people before talking to him. I was carrying with texas chl at the time.

I got out of the car asked him who he was. And asked for his id. Handed him my ccw and dl he asked me to surrender my gun so we could talk. I politely said no as i was not convinced he was a real cop. I explained middle of the night unmarked car he could be some yahoo out to kidnap and murder me. And i will wait for the highway patrol.

The highway patrol eventually showed up. The reason he pulled me over was taillight out. Ended up no ticket.

But during a normal traffic stop i dont have much issue with handing over a firearm temporarily. Im speaking of natural disaster type thing when any goblin/looter can claim to be fema.

I dont need nor want the "help" of the federal government if it means i have to be unarmed.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-31-2012, 02:14 PM   #27
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1286 Times on 761 Posts
Likes Given: 3195

Okay folks, here is my take on this thread.

Are we certain that those idiots that took the weapons were actually LEOs or FEMA?

Why did the person have a weapon without ammo?
Why did the person even mention that she had a firearm?
If she did not volunteer the information, how did the idiots know that she had any weapons?

As for me, I will only give up my weapons when Jesus makes his return. Other than that, those trying to take my weapons will have a better chance of making a snowball in Guam.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #28
Camo, you are lucky to see it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1571 Times on 868 Posts
Likes Given: 4775

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
After the first couple houses they do this too, phone calls will be made, and people will gather.
I believe this is one of the reasons why communication must be hampered.
Internet, Phone might just have to be shut down. if it isn't already disabled.

I am glad to to know that the written law still favors the individual.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #29

Liked 761 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 274

This whole issue can be settled with one statement:
Name:  image-124390207.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  6.3 KB

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com
People Like This 
Old 10-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #30

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 10

my question is when they went door to door confiscating guns HOw did they who had them and who did not what did they do go ravaging around the house searching for guns or did they just simply ask? if they simply asked for them who is going to be stupid enuff to say ya take em all their in the back room? NITESTALKER what ever happend to Randy?