your gun rights during a state of emergency - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > your gun rights during a state of emergency

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Fema guy knocks on the door he is getting run the hell off. How do i know he is actually fema and not some thug claiming such in order to easily steal my firearms.

Wonder how many stupid people thats going to happen to...
I agree with this 100%....I often wonder how much water that arguement holds for anyone claiming to be an authority in other situations. The police pull you over on a rural road at night for instance.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #12
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1755 Times on 976 Posts
Likes Given: 5315

Good thread.

I think it would be pretty tough for them to "pick-up" guns in my area. The citizens with rights would protest. Not many people here would offer up a gun for forfeiture. I am quite sure that most gun's would be missed, overlooked, if the pick-up crew could even continue it's efforts. . It would be easier for crews to head somewhere else, than to face the verbal wrath of my neighbors.

Coyotes, Racoons, Moles are constant threats, and most of my neighbors are well armed and value their right to defend themselves from pests.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5703 Times on 3224 Posts
Likes Given: 5123

Get a couple of old clunkers out of the safe and put them near the front door.

Get the thugs name, badge number, or rank and unit ID, and give him the klunklers. (keep the good stuff hidden.)

When the situation is over, sue his arse off.

Winston Churchill
People Like This 
Old 10-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #14

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 11

my question is when they went door to door confiscating guns HOw did they who had them and who did not what did they do go ravaging around the house searching for guns or did they just simply ask? if they simply asked for them who is going to be stupid enuff to say ya take em all their in the back room?

Old 10-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #15

Liked 717 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Legal or not if the police ask for your guns you have no choice but to give them up. They always have over-whelming force so you give up or you die. If you are an old guy like me with little to lose it would be bad for the police but you young guys had best give up so you can pick your later battles.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 10-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
Legal or not if the police ask for your guns you have no choice but to give them up. They always have over-whelming force so you give up or you die. If you are an old guy like me with little to lose it would be bad for the police but you young guys had best give up so you can pick your later battles.
Rednecks tend to gather around the genny in such times. Imagine a pair of officers stopping by Mom's place to ask for her guns; who would answer the door, me, BIL's, nephews, Father, sisters? Not exactly "over-whelming force" unless they call in another dozen deputies (most of their force). Rednecks also tend to go outside, maybe even come on over, when the cops show up; i'm pretty sure her neighbors (mostly well armed) would be unhappy with anybody hassling dear old Mom.

They can try, but it would be unwise, and i'm sure they know this.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:20 AM   #17

Liked 717 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 229

if they try to take guns there will be a whole pack of 'em

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:21 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 596

If they want em, they'll get em. Make no mistake, they assess and defuse situations for a living and they have it down to an absolute science. Resist, argue, or make any fast movements, or address them as anything but "sir" and it will be a flash bang or a tear gas canister through a window and a boot on your neck. While you are pinned down on the ground with taser barbs stuck in your back be sure and expect a rifle butt across the back of your head and the sudden onset of unconsciousness and probably seizures. If you are lucky enough to survive that encounter you can count on charges being pressed against you after they loot your property looking for a perfectly legal piece of equipment that was suddenly declared as contraband by one poorly thought out order by one poorly educated authority figure.
Learn the lessons from Nawlins. "Laws" and "Rights" take a back seat to "Emergency Measures".

Hey..... what's the red button do?

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 10-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5703 Times on 3224 Posts
Likes Given: 5123

They don't have the manpower to do a thorough search of every house. If you live in a free state, how are they going to know what you have????

Winston Churchill

Old 10-31-2012, 05:52 AM   #20

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The folks that live in the High Lonesome of the Rocky Mtns are warriors. Randy Weaver and his family were tough no give Idaho gun owners. Randy was set up by the BATF. They sent in Federal Snipers who killed his wife, dog and two children. Randy was a VN Vet but you can only give so much. The Feds can push the stakes higher than you can reach.