your gun rights during a state of emergency
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > your gun rights during a state of emergency

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default your gun rights during a state of emergency

I'm sure this has been discussed before. This article has some good information concerning the latest on the guns that were confiscated during katrina.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/can-your-gun-be-confiscated-during-a-national-emergency/

NEVER FORGET

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

State of Emergency should entail one's possession of firearms, food, flashlights, medical supplies, water, etc. How are firearms confiscated without raising warning flags of a more sinister plot to disarm citizens. Hell if they're dying for water, medicine, or food. "Just get their firearms!"

Old 10-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5687 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 378

Fema guy knocks on the door he is getting run the hell off. How do i know he is actually fema and not some thug claiming such in order to easily steal my firearms.

Wonder how many stupid people thats going to happen to...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

SUMMARY AS OF:
7/25/2006--Passed House amended.

Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006 - Amends the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act to prohibit any U.S. officer or employee or any person operating under federal authority, while acting in support of relief from a major disaster or emergency, from: (1) seizing or prohibiting possession of any firearm the possession of which is not otherwise prohibited (other than for forfeiture in compliance with federal law or as evidence in a criminal investigation); (2) requiring registration of any firearm not otherwise required; or (3) prohibiting the carrying of a firearm by any person otherwise authorized to carry a firearm.

Provides that nothing under this Act shall be construed to prohibit requiring the temporary surrender of a firearm as a condition for entry into any mode of transportation used for rescue or evacuation during a major disaster or emergency.

Authorizes any individual aggrieved by a violation of this Act to seek relief by bringing an action for redress for deprivation of rights and by bringing a civil action in U.S. district court for return of a confiscated firearm.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ain't got no stinkin gunz to be confiscated. Lost them all in the big boat wreck. Thinking about getting a single shot 22 and 20 gauge.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #6

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
SUMMARY AS OF:
7/25/2006--Passed House amended.

Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006 - Amends the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act to prohibit any U.S. officer or employee or any person operating under federal authority, while acting in support of relief from a major disaster or emergency, from: (1) seizing or prohibiting possession of any firearm the possession of which is not otherwise prohibited (other than for forfeiture in compliance with federal law or as evidence in a criminal investigation); (2) requiring registration of any firearm not otherwise required; or (3) prohibiting the carrying of a firearm by any person otherwise authorized to carry a firearm.

Provides that nothing under this Act shall be construed to prohibit requiring the temporary surrender of a firearm as a condition for entry into any mode of transportation used for rescue or evacuation during a major disaster or emergency.

Authorizes any individual aggrieved by a violation of this Act to seek relief by bringing an action for redress for deprivation of rights and by bringing a civil action in U.S. district court for return of a confiscated firearm.
Once a marshal law is proclaimed authorities will seize whatever they deem necessary to keep order. After Katrina New Orleans was supposed to be free of firearms. Yet no one in the French Quarter or anyone who had their own transportation turned over their weapons. It was only forced onto people getting on busses going to shelters in other cities. The end result was crime went up because all that was left in the flood damaged areas were armed looters.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Once a marshal law is proclaimed authorities will seize whatever they deem necessary to keep order. After Katrina New Orleans was supposed to be free of firearms. Yet no one in the French Quarter or anyone who had their own transportation turned over their weapons. It was only forced onto people getting on busses going to shelters in other cities. The end result was crime went up because all that was left in the flood damaged areas were armed looters.
Not true...they (the govt thugs) went door to door disarming citizens that chose not to flee.

IN passed a law after katrina similar to the one posted above.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I have disagreed with some of the local sheriff's ideals before, but i don't think he is anywhere near dumb enough to try that around here. As for the feds, many people around here still refer to them as "revenuers". Not happening.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

My gun rights are rights. Rights CANNOT be suspended, or taken away. Any and ALL attempts to confiscate a firearm for ANY reason is unconstitutional, and therefore illegal. Anybody confiscating firearms are therefore commiting a felony. I will defend my property, and my rights against felons. Nuff said.

That said, I don't think I will ever have to defend my rights like this. I'm lucky to live in a gun friendly state that is surrounded by other gun friendly states. There is a gun in almost every home here. Only an idiot would try to confiscate them.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 10-30-2012 at 09:16 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #10

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Well, I don't know about you guys, but when they come for my guns I will give them the "bullets" first.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

TDS92A Likes This