Are you with us, or against us? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Are you with us, or against us?

View Poll Results: Are you willing to be involved
Yes! I want to help write & contribute 107 54.04%
Yes! I want to help, but writing isn't my thing 62 31.31%
Yes! But I am busy in R/T - I will e-mail my reps with each request 17 8.59%
No. I would rather just sit around and bitch about it 12 6.06%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

let me know what i can do but like many of others i am not great at putting my words to papper and have them still come out right

Old 02-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

This is what I was hoping for. We can all weigh in on the letter, make changes, or spelling/grammar corrections, and then we will post the letter as a whole nother thread for everyone to quickly view, cut & Paste, and ship off.

This is going to be something that will grow - I can feel.

Looks like we already have cnynrat working on a letter - let's see what you got brother and then we can add some facts and make some changes, if needed, then we can all ship it off to our "representatives"

JD

Last edited by Dillinger; 02-14-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

What areas of government will this letter address? There are a number of issues going on right now that I'm concerned about, the latest is the porkulus bill (yes, I listen to Rush).

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Here's an excellent submission from MrKimber in another thread:

"Mr/Mrs congressman/senator/representatives

You had the opportunity to exert leadership in the recent stimulus process by ensuring that President Obama's campaign promises of openness, transparency, and post-partisan politics became realities in fact, not just empty platitudes. By your quick affirmative vote on the Democrat's plan, you bypassed that opportunity and handed them an easy victory on legislation that they (and you) owed it to the American people to study in much more depth.

Full and fair disclosure and debate on the stimulus might have extended its passage by a few weeks (and might have even turned some minds, maybe even yours), but I suppose you felt it was much more important to have the Presidents' Day signing/photo op than to do the peoples' business in a careful, thoughtful, open, and honest way. By signing a bill of this magnatude without reading and understanding it proves your irresponsibility.

Like many, I've been in that very silent majority for much too long. Thanks to you, that has changed. I will now use every resource at my disposal to provide campaign support, both financial and otherwise, to whomever you might face in the next primary. Printing money that has no backing and taking high intrest loans to spend on pork projects only binds our future and our childrens future. The names that signed this bill into action will be in front of the people loudly in the future when it fails to do anything to help this country. Yours is on this list."

What do you guys think? How can we improve it? Does it even need improving? I think we should add that we are a consortium of like minded, lawful and responsible gun owners who belong to this forum and state we have over 10,000 members. Try to add a little weight behind the words.

What are your thoughts guys?

JD

Old 02-14-2009, 09:16 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Most Excellent. JD, We need to let them know whom we are.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
That being said, whoever does this better know how to write and have correct grammar because I am a Nazi on that Sh1t. No pressure.
"whomever" does this

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Last edited by skullcrusher; 02-14-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: corrected myself

Old 02-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
Most Excellent. JD, We need to let them know whom we are.
"who" we are.

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 02-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I think its great. Don't know that we can improve on it that much, if any. Concise and gets right to the point. Also, puts the limp wristed sellouts on notice.
Edit for spelling and let 'er fly.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 02-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Here's an excellent submission from MrKimber in another thread:

"Mr/Mrs congressman/senator/representatives

You had the opportunity to exert leadership in the recent stimulus process by ensuring that President Obama's campaign promises of openness, transparency, and post-partisan politics became realities in fact, not just empty platitudes. By your quick affirmative vote on the Democrat's plan, you bypassed that opportunity and handed them an easy victory on legislation that they (and you) owed it to the American people to study in much more depth.

Full and fair disclosure and debate on the stimulus might have extended its passage by a few weeks (and might have even turned some minds, maybe even yours), but I suppose you felt it was much more important to have the Presidents' Day signing/photo op than to do the peoples' business in a careful, thoughtful, open, and honest way. By signing a bill of this magnatude without reading and understanding it proves your irresponsibility.

Like many, I've been in that very silent majority for much too long. Thanks to you, that has changed. I will now use every resource at my disposal to provide campaign support, both financial and otherwise, to whomever you might face in the next primary. Printing money that has no backing and taking high intrest loans to spend on pork projects only binds our future and our childrens future. The names that signed this bill into action will be in front of the people loudly in the future when it fails to do anything to help this country. Yours is on this list."

What do you guys think? How can we improve it? Does it even need improving? I think we should add that we are a consortium of like minded, lawful and responsible gun owners who belong to this forum and state we have over 10,000 members. Try to add a little weight behind the words.

What are your thoughts guys?

JD
My thoughts just for starters.

1. Dear Elected Official (this should be customized, but start with Dear. i.e. Dear Senator Spector)
2. Waaayyy to centric as to political party affiliation (no reps from the GOP approved it and 3 GOP Senators)
3. Good start, but we need to remind those people that we are registered voters who pay taxes.
4. Gotta watch the run-on sentences
5. We can use much of this, but we should stay away from any 'threat' other than 'no vote for you, next time'

Just my $.02 off the top.

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 02-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #20

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

More than willing to word smith. What are we, as a collective body; confronting first?

People get the government they deserve.