Are you a supporter of the 2nd amendment, or do you support restrictions? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Are you a supporter of the 2nd amendment, or do you support restrictions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts

Default An Obama Second Term

Last night’s win for President Obama is an omen for short term gain and long term loss. In his first four years in office, firearms manufacturers experienced an 86% sales increase. A sign that many considered the massive new regulations sponsored by the Obama administration to be a gradual elimination of their 2nd Amendment rights. So the feeling of many Americans has become ‘buy it now ‘cause you won’t be able to later on!’ Expect manufacturer’s to work overtime cutting margins to sell as much product as possible.

The future is clear even if the voter isn’t clear on the history. Senator Obama was considered so ‘anti-gun’ that the NRA launched an $11 million campaign advising gun owners that a vote for Obama is a vote for gun control. The ads reminded voters that ‘A second Obama administration with no future political campaigns to worry about will try to destroy this great American freedom'. As demonstrated by the two Obama appointed Supreme Court justices and their anti-gun rulings.

Where does it go from here? The Anti Gun lobby is clear on their objectives. Enact laws and regulations to identify owners, restrict usage, then confiscate personal firearms. Many brag about what they would do when someone comes to the door to take their guns. But a reasonable man understands that he must also live in this country and it will make the decision much more difficult.

To paraphrase our founding fathers, ‘An unarmed man is no longer a citizen, but a slave to the government’.

Yankeetactical.com

Old 11-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

The two most notable recent mass shootings (Tuscon and Aurora) involved shooters who had a clean record and obtained their guns legally, passing a background check in the process. Both of them had been exhibiting some extremely questionable behavior prior to the shootings (as noted by a gun store in Tucson and a range in Aurora after the shootings had already happened). How do we handle this sort of person, or do we just accept it as an unfortunate side effect of true freedom? Granted, these sorts of tragedies are few and far between in the grand scheme of things, but even one is too many. How do we handle that?
I don't know how to handle that but even if they were criminals theres ways to get guns, I think it all comes down to we cannot control what will happen
Old 11-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1136 Times on 740 Posts
Likes Given: 658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotenator View Post
About 8 years ago I sent an E-Mail to all of the Supreme Court Justices.

It contained the Websters Dictionary defintion of the word "infringe".
I wrote that since they had somehow in spite of all their years of higher education and years on the benches of lower courts, had apparently never actually understood the meaning of the word.
Of course I never even got an acknowledgement they received my E-Mail ,and from their actions, I still don't know if they all know the meaning of this very important piece of the English language.
probly ended up in all their spam folders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
full and passionate supporter of the 2nd admendment. i even strongly support the right to fully auto firearms without permits of fees, suppressors, SBR and SBS without restriction. none! if a person is legal to buy a firearm, they should be allowed to buy whatever their heart desires and their checkbook allows! "Shall Not Be Infringed"
i aggree we should be able to buy any thing that we can afford. fully auto, silencers. we should be afforded the oportunity to get the weapon that suits our needs the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
While I supprt the 2nd Amendment, I feel there are SOME restrictions that are reasonable. "Arms" is a very broad category that were not even inagined by the Founding Fathers. Grenades, Mortars, Artillery (cannons, not .50 Desert Eagles), Nukes, Chemical weapons, etc. are innapropriate (IMHO).

Felons, especially violent ones, are deserving of restrictions. If the right to vote can be restricted for this category of people, so can the right to bear arms.

Adjudicated insane or mentally deficient? Restrictions.

Age as a restriction? I do not think there is any reason Kindergarteners need to keep and bear arms.

Citizenship as a qualifier? At least legal residency. No reason for illegal aliens to be afforded the same rights as law abiding citizens.

Most of us can agree there are SOME reasonable restrictions. We just argue over WHAT restictions are reasonable.
you make some good points, and some i disaggree with.
im for VIOLENT felons as you say to be restricted. no need to let them add to there violent tendecies.

age? again agreed. why not make it the same as say legal hunting age 10-12 years old.

cannons? are you saying you would like to restrict my ability to fire tennis balls and potatos 1000yards into my pasture or field? you havent lived till you fired a cannon!... no i don tthink as far as weapons go there should be restrictions at all. just on a select few people who have shown they are not MATURE enough mentally, or physically and on violent crime basis.

Most of us can agree there are SOME reasonable restrictions. We just argue over WHAT restictions are reasonable
i think we just did that^
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
Polygon Likes This 
Old 11-08-2012, 02:10 AM   #34

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

I would prefer people notnbe allowed to have large scale artillery or large bombs. However if the 2a says it's ok than it is. I think like a 50mm artillery piece or similar is fine but if it's capable of blowing up a whole building I think there should be at least a license to purchase one that includes just a background check and a license certifying you. Other than that there is no reason why we should not be able to go to walmart and buy a m16 for 1500$

Old 11-08-2012, 02:21 AM   #35

Liked 141 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
full and passionate supporter of the 2nd admendment. i even strongly support the right to fully auto firearms without permits of fees, suppressors, SBR and SBS without restriction. none! if a person is legal to buy a firearm, they should be allowed to buy whatever their heart desires and their checkbook allows! "Shall Not Be Infringed"
All of what axe said.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #36
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8126 Times on 4694 Posts
Likes Given: 10492

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
I don't know how to handle that but even if they were criminals theres ways to get guns, I think it all comes down to we cannot control what will happen
Yes, me too. But the question comes up every time I talk about the 2A with anti-gunners. I would like to have a better answer than I do.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:32 AM   #37

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I hear groundhogs can be a real challenge to control.
This brought a smile to my face when i pictured groundhog hunting with my grandpa; then having him call in air support.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 11-08-2012, 02:33 AM   #38

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Freedom will always come with collateral damage and you can't punish the majority because of a minority.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 11-08-2012, 02:33 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yes, me too. But the question comes up every time I talk about the 2A with anti-gunners. I would like to have a better answer than I do.
Fortunately I do not know/have not talked to many anti-gunners down here... Some actually prefer that you carry a gun just like the people at the church I attend. I dont understand why certain buisnesses dont allow carrying its just a sign on the door that says come on in a rob us because no one in here is carrying a gun. If everyone carried guns then I am sure criminals would think twice. Sorry that this was somewhat off topic

Old 11-08-2012, 02:36 AM   #40
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8126 Times on 4694 Posts
Likes Given: 10492

Anti-gunners are pretty thick out here on the left coast.