Are you living in a 'Stand Your Ground' state? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Are you living in a 'Stand Your Ground' state?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2526 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 2429

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
You Betcha!! The great state of IN is very gun friendly and very anti scum bag and very pro property rights.

There IS a reason we have a relatively low violent crime rate (relative to bordering states with less gun friendly laws...IL, MI, OH)

HIGHLY suprised to see IL has castle doctrine!!

Hey easy on Ohio. We have open carry, shall issue ccw and a castle doctrine. We also have a constitution that forbids local governments from creating anti gun laws that go against the Ohio constitution.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #22
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
you and me both.

i am patiently looking for a nice farm prop in indiana though, that is as sure as the taxes i pay.
Dont wait too long....farm property is NOT getting any cheaper with time! Hell, it'll pay for itself in tax savings alone over the life of a 30 year mortage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Hey easy on Ohio. We have open carry, shall issue ccw and a castle doctrine. We also have a constitution that forbids local governments from creating anti gun laws that go against the Ohio constitution.

You guys are only following IN lead!

Quite SLOWLY i might add...Keeerist you guys JUST got a (Pathetically watered down) CCW law without reciprocity with IN.

(being born bred and corn fed in the great state of MI (SPARTANS
) And having adopted (and having been adopted by) the great hoosier state i will NEVER take it easy on oHIo!! You know a buckeye is just a useless poisonous nut!?!?)

Altho i did spend some time at UNWO back when it was Northwestern Business college/tech center....met my wife at the Ohio Theater there in downtown Lima....was there when the jack wad set off the tear gas bomb that killed some folks. What? back in '89 was it...BAD night!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 04-20-2012, 01:33 AM   #23

Liked 2465 Times on 1600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

Dont wait too long....farm property is NOT getting any cheaper with time! Hell, it'll pay for itself in tax savings alone over the life of a 30 year mortage

You guys are only following IN lead!

Quite SLOWLY i might add...Keeerist you guys JUST got a (Pathetically watered down) CCW law without reciprocity with IN.

(being born bred and corn fed in the great state of MI (SPARTANS
) And having adopted (and having been adopted by) the great hoosier state i will NEVER take it easy on oHIo!! You know a buckeye is just a useless poisonous nut!?!?)

Altho i did spend some time at UNWO back when it was Northwestern Business college/tech center....met my wife at the Ohio Theater there in downtown Lima....was there when the jack wad set off the tear gas bomb that killed some folks. What? back in '89 was it...BAD night!
I was 15 then, I don't remember that. I went there on teen night a few times back in the day. I grew up about 20 miles from there. Lima was ranked no. 1 in highest crime rate per capita in Ohio, I think in 2010.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 04-20-2012, 02:02 AM   #24

Liked 43 Times on 21 Posts

Not sure about Utah but I can tell you this, when my sisters crazy ex came and pushed our front door in with a shotgun in his hand the cops actually coached my dad on what to say when he shot him. He lived btw but we've never seen him again

Old 04-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2841 Times on 1411 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
Not sure about Utah but I can tell you this, when my sisters crazy ex came and pushed our front door in with a shotgun in his hand the cops actually coached my dad on what to say when he shot him. He lived btw but we've never seen him again
Utah was "stand your ground" before it was cool.

From Wikipedia:
Utah has historically adhered to the principles of "stand your ground" without the need to resort to new legislation. The use of deadly force to defend persons on one's own property is specifically permitted by Utah state law. The law specifically states that a person does not have a duty to retreat[34] from a place where they have lawfully entered or remained. Overall, Utah allows the "stand your ground" law when it comes to self defense.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 04-20-2012, 04:03 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 660 Times on 403 Posts
Likes Given: 3700

I knew MA wasn't a SYG state (though, we do have a state senator pushing a SYG bill - oddly enough, the guy is a Dem).

On the lpart of the list that says "States that can require you to retreat when threatened in some situations:" I was shocked to see that MA WASN'T on there.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 04-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #27

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

so you are either a really effeminate looking man or like to dress up as a woman inside your home?

I keed, I keed
Lmao, I meant for my wife but if he/she evildoer type has a thing for 6'0 220lb stocky men then by all means, pardon the quick tribute to the legendary "mall ninja", I will protect my "butt-virginity" with deadly force!

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #28

Liked 2504 Times on 1427 Posts
Likes Given: 1946

Yes, Florida has Castle Doctrine.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Strangely enough, I live in such a

peaceful, quiet neighborhood...

Old 04-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1143 Times on 745 Posts
Likes Given: 678

NEW YORK law states if the person feels he/she life is in danger, attacker/burglar shows hostile intent in the home, no escape is required. if in public tho. you have to run your ass off. lol

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2121 Times on 1147 Posts
Likes Given: 3194

OK is a stand your ground state. Our prosecutors are not required to take a righteous shooting case to the grand jury. Our last county prosecutor gave three passes in fatal self defense shooting in a 18 month period.