You Like Ron Paul, Except on Foreign Policy - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > You Like Ron Paul, Except on Foreign Policy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #11
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
Anyone watching Ron Paul on the talk show last night and still likes him needs professional help. He has so much going against him that he should be in a nursing home.

The only thing I can good about him is I like his 2nd Amendment stance and for that, he is the best of all the candidates.
OK, well, cast your vote for Obama and be done with it. We know where you stand and it clearly isn't for the rule of law, our history, or our constitution.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:33 AM   #12

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
OK, well, cast your vote for Obama and be done with it. We know where you stand and it clearly isn't for the rule of law, our history, or our constitution.
I think many people are confused, and rightly so, on RP's stance when it comes to going to war with Iran.

Ron Paul will not use the office of President of the United States of America to declare an unconstitutional war. That is to say, he will not go to war with Iran without a decleration of war having been drawn up by capital hill. If the American people choose to go to war through a decleration made by their representatives, then so be it.

This is what he means by he would not attack Iran.

Just clarifying.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 12-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
You are ill informed.

Casting a vote for Ron Paul is tossing Obama back in office. The crazy old man does not stand a chance. Nobody misunderstands him, they over estimate the ramblings of a fool.

Whoever gets the nod for the Republican ticket, I will support, even if it is Ron Paul.

The trouble is you have not studied law (I did thanks to LSU), history or the Constitution.

Check the history of Ron Paul.

He says he wants term limits but then he is in office for 11 terms.

He says he will not take a pay increase but then is benefiting millions in perks and travel pay. His reimbursements is higher than most Democratic congressmen.

He knows nothing about foreign policy but is critical of those who do. He is willing to sit back and let other countries do what they want until they get the power to destroy this country militarily.

Who is his choice for VP, should he win the convention? Are you in line with their agenda? The man will be well past the avg life span of a man during the next four yrs. He is frail and unable to concentrate now. For all anyone knows, he can put his grandson as VP.

The only good thing that can be said for Ron Paul is his 2nd Amendment stance. He has been consistent with that and not hypocritical in that area.

So study your history, see where the millions Ron Paul made came from. It is public record. See how he changes parties to suit his needs. BTW: Please note his open refusal to support anyone that gets the Republican nod. He intends to go as an independent candidate when he loses on the Republican ticket.

Ron Paul is like Ross Perot. The both have short man's syndrome. They both want to split the vote so it pushes the Democratic candidate back in office. Perot did it with Clinton and Paul is doing it with Obama. And anyone supporting him is putting Obama back in office.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #14

Quote:
You are ill informed.

Casting a vote for Ron Paul is tossing Obama back in office. The crazy old man does not stand a chance. Nobody misunderstands him, they over estimate the ramblings of a fool.
Opinion.

Quote:
He says he wants term limits but then he is in office for 11 terms.
Its a bit hard to cause change from outside the system as so many of us know. Notice he isn't running for reelection this time around by the way?

Quote:
He says he will not take a pay increase but then is benefiting millions in perks and travel pay. His reimbursements is higher than most Democratic congressmen.
Wanna back that claim up? He may be reimbursed for travel but who in government isn't (at least he wasnt paid $1.5 Million in tax payer bail-out money from Fanny and Freddie)? If its a reasonable amount it seems fair to me. Benefits...like what? He rejects a government pension of his own opting instead for SS and Medicare, which he pays into. He takes a salary equal to the national average for working men and women and has stated he would continue to do so if elected president.

Quote:
He knows nothing about foreign policy but is critical of those who do. He is willing to sit back and let other countries do what they want until they get the power to destroy this country militarily.
Because Iran has military aircraft and missile systems capable of attacking the United States? He knows nothing on foreign policy yet his son served on the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and Dr. Paul is an 11 term member of the house of representatives...1+1=-2?

Quote:
Who is his choice for VP, should he win the convention? Are you in line with their agenda? The man will be well past the avg life span of a man during the next four yrs. He is frail and unable to concentrate now. For all anyone knows, he can put his grandson as VP.
For all we know a meteor might strike the earth as your reading this, destroying all life on earth, and making all conversations about these matters pointless. Has any other candidate announced their prospective running mate? No sir, they have not. Obamas young age was a contributing factor to his being elected POTUS, I would remind you. In addition, I find it odd that the oldest candidate draws the youngest supporters.

Quote:
The only good thing that can be said for Ron Paul is his 2nd Amendment stance. He has been consistent with that and not hypocritical in that area.
There isn't an issue he isn't consistent on and I challenge you to provide one should you believe there is and present it here.

Quote:
So study your history, see where the millions Ron Paul made came from. It is public record. See how he changes parties to suit his needs. BTW: Please note his open refusal to support anyone that gets the Republican nod. He intends to go as an independent candidate when he loses on the Republican ticket.
He was (and still is) a career OBGYN, they make money because they go to school and get an education, something that he paid for himself by working through school, and he writes books. You went to college at LSU, did you take a Pell Grant? Just asking...

He has an incredible amount of support from liberals on his foreign policy and the conservatives like his domestic policy. He is a Constitutionalists Libertarian, he doesn't fit either parties mold as we can clearly see (hence all this debating).

Quote:
Ron Paul is like Ross Perot. The both have short man's syndrome. They both want to split the vote so it pushes the Democratic candidate back in office. Perot did it with Clinton and Paul is doing it with Obama. And anyone supporting him is putting Obama back in office.
This makes me wonder who your voting for, or is it an "anyone but Obama" approach like so many others? Its worked real well for us for the last two decades hasn't it? Its time to vote for the principles of the candidate, not their political affiliation, and get out of this endless cycle that we have found ourselves in.

*Dons flame-retardant suit*

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 12-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Opinion.

Its a bit hard to cause change from outside the system as so many of us know. Notice he isn't running for reelection this time around by the way?

Wanna back that claim up? He may be reimbursed for travel but who in government isn't (at least he wasnt paid $1.5 Million in tax payer bail-out money from Fanny and Freddie)? If its a reasonable amount it seems fair to me. Benefits...like what? He rejects a government pension of his own opting instead for SS and Medicare, which he pays into. He takes a salary equal to the national average for working men and women and has stated he would continue to do so if elected president.

Because Iran has military aircraft and missile systems capable of attacking the United States? He knows nothing on foreign policy yet his son served on the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and Dr. Paul is an 11 term member of the house of representatives...1+1=-2?

For all we know a meteor might strike the earth as your reading this, destroying all life on earth, and making all conversations about these matters pointless. Has any other candidate announced their prospective running mate? No sir, they have not. Obamas young age was a contributing factor to his being elected POTUS, I would remind you. In addition, I find it odd that the oldest candidate draws the youngest supporters.

There isn't an issue he isn't consistent on and I challenge you to provide one should you believe there is and present it here.

He was (and still is) a career OBGYN, they make money because they go to school and get an education, something that he paid for himself by working through school, and he writes books. You went to college at LSU, did you take a Pell Grant? Just asking...

He has an incredible amount of support from liberals on his foreign policy and the conservatives like his domestic policy. He is a Constitutionalists Libertarian, he doesn't fit either parties mold as we can clearly see (hence all this debating).

This makes me wonder who your voting for, or is it an "anyone but Obama" approach like so many others? Its worked real well for us for the last two decades hasn't it? Its time to vote for the principles of the candidate, not their political affiliation, and get out of this endless cycle that we have found ourselves in.

*Dons flame-retardant suit*
I am voting for whomever gets the Republican nomination.

No, I did not use grants, loans or whatever to get any of my degrees. I worked for what I got and had the support of my parents.

Just keep the blinders on and continue to believe the hype that Ron Paul puts out. See where that gets Obama. I want Obama out as bad as anyone. Yet I am also almost as old as Ron Paul and remember what has happened in other elections by spiltting a ticket with an unelectable candidate.

Nor would I vote for Perry, Bachman, Santorum or any of the others that cannot win. However, those are more forthright than Paul.

Do not take my word for it. Just search the history of Paul. And check his money source, the majority of his money DID NOT come from his medical practice. He was a small town doctor and not a surgeon. His money was good but not where he got his millions.

Also look at his expenditures. The man speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

You might want to check to see what bills he authored that became law. Eleven terms and nothing to show for it other than fat bank accounts.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #16

Liked 1899 Times on 983 Posts
Likes Given: 1440

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
That is to say, he will not go to war with Iran without a decleration of war having been drawn up by capital hill. If the American people choose to go to war through a decleration made by their representatives, then so be it.
The problem for me here is the presumption that Congress represents American citizens, and even if that should be the case; I'm not confident we have a well informed public immune to propaganda and manipulation.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #17

Quote:
I am voting for whomever gets the Republican nomination.

No, I did not use grants, loans or whatever to get any of my degrees. I worked for what I got and had the support of my parents.

Just keep the blinders on and continue to believe the hype that Ron Paul puts out. See where that gets Obama. I want Obama out as bad as anyone. Yet I am also almost as old as Ron Paul and remember what has happened in other elections by spiltting a ticket with an unelectable candidate.

Nor would I vote for Perry, Bachman, Santorum or any of the others that cannot win. However, those are more forthright than Paul.

Do not take my word for it. Just search the history of Paul. And check his money source, the majority of his money DID NOT come from his medical practice. He was a small town doctor and not a surgeon. His money was good but not where he got his millions.

Also look at his expenditures. The man speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

You might want to check to see what bills he authored that became law. Eleven terms and nothing to show for it other than fat bank accounts.
A 10 minute google session reveals a few interesting things but nothing that alarms me as it appears to alarm you...

First, he is president of his own medical corporation, Ronald E. Paul, MD, Assn., of Lake Jackson, Texas, which he started himself after leaving the Air force as a flight surgeon. Thats a good way to make money.

Second, he's got personal investments that are bearish and conservative. He has money in gold mining companies such as Barrick Gold, Vista Gold, Kinross Gold, and Apollo Gold Corps. This seems to be a reasonable investment choice for someone that recognizes the dangers of a fiat currency and wants a commodities backed currency. Hell, I'd be invested in gold too if I wasn't paying for my own schooling at the moment.

Most recent indication I can find is he is worth $4.9 million. Thats not really that much when you consider the cost of an average house...

Newt is $20 million, Mittens is worth a whooping $250 million, Bauchmann (a new comer) is worth $3 million, Perry (a surprise here if you ask me) is worth $3 million as well.

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun

Old 12-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #18

For all those that believe RP is honest:

Look at the earmarks he stood behind.

The Hypocrisy of Congressman Ron Paul | RedState

Total the cost.

This is also found in the Open Record.

There is so much against the guy. His opposition does not bring it up because he is not a threat to their campaigns and would only be spending money for nothing. All one has to do is search for info about him instead of following him blindly.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2309 Times on 1260 Posts
Likes Given: 3629

The dual citizenship neocon shills and their lackeys are ginning up support for an attack on Iran. How is the US going to handle Iran militarily? We have a very tired military thats been run to death for ten years. Their equipment is worn out and training has suffered. There is absolutely no way the US could invade Iran.

Those Iranian nuclear facilities are deep in the earth: They can't be damaged by any weapon short of a nuclear penetration bomb. Let Israel take care of itself. Israel has at least 300 nukes to defend themselves with. Don't forget that Iran has a very big friend to its north.

Ron Paul has my vote.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
The problem for me here is the presumption that Congress represents American citizens, and even if that should be the case; I'm not confident we have a well informed public immune to propaganda and manipulation.
The republic is in dire straights, thats for sure. The fact is so many people focus on President and don't really consider their local reps, which is a mistake. I encourage everyone to do that as well of course!

No, we aren't immune I am sad to say. The proper thing to do is to look at everything with a healthy level of skepticism and to then test it from every angle possible. If it holds up, then you have a winner. if it doesn't, don't settle for it just because everyone else is or because its whats the standard. Be a leader and not a follower.

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun