You Like Ron Paul, Except on Foreign Policy
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > You Like Ron Paul, Except on Foreign Policy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Default You Like Ron Paul, Except on Foreign Policy

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2011, 12:52 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2066 Times on 1117 Posts
Likes Given: 3103

One of the things i like most about Ron Paul is his foreign policy.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:56 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
One of the things i like most about Ron Paul is his foreign policy.
Amen to that ... plus several other key issues so darn important today.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:39 AM   #4

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Nuff' said. MSM along with the Federal Government has done one hell of a job scaring the American people. Hate to say it, but even if Dr. Paul is elected, he will probably be assassinated same as JFK.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 12-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I watched the debate last night and I really dont know why Paul is sooo weak on the Iran issue - Noone like war but he will let Iran do whatever it wants! and the USA has to keep them in CHECK what will obama do if they close down that water way?.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:32 AM   #6

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Watch the vid again lonewolf.

Ron Paul isnt "weak" on Iran,he's just advocating less interventionism.

Personally,I say let Israel deal with Iran- because Iran does not pose a direct military threat to anyone BUT Israel.
I think we spend too much money on Israel and supporting Israel shouldn't be an issue of fighting their fights for them........or paying their bills for them.And I'm Jewish and I'm saying this.
If Israel were in dire threat of being wiped off the map,and could not possibly defend itself -which is unlikely,if you know anything at all about the military capability of Israel- THEN we should defend our ally.

But to reiterate- Iran threatens Israel directly,not us.

Let the IDF punch their ticket.(and they are more then capable of doing so).

"Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none."
-Thomas Jefferson

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 12-17-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Old 12-17-2011, 03:28 AM   #7

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
I watched the debate last night and I really dont know why Paul is sooo weak on the Iran issue - Noone like war but he will let Iran do whatever it wants! and the USA has to keep them in CHECK what will obama do if they close down that water way?.
First, I want to say that Josh is spot on with this one. I will add a few things however.

1.) Non-proliferation is a pipe dream. Its equal to gun-buster signs. There is no way we can ever stop nations that truly want nuclear weapons from getting them. Its only a matter of time before every nation in the world that can afford them will have them.

2.) It isn't our job to tell Iran what to do. How would we like it if China started telling us what to do? If Iran were to gain and then use nuclear weapons, we wouldnt be the only nation that would retaliate. To further this point, I submit for your examination the 300+ nuclear weapons at the dispose of Israel. If we stopped telling Israel what to do, they could take care of themselves.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 12-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #8

Anyone watching Ron Paul on the talk show last night and still likes him needs professional help. He has so much going against him that he should be in a nursing home.

The only thing I can good about him is I like his 2nd Amendment stance and for that, he is the best of all the candidates.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #9

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
Personally,I say let Israel deal with Iran- because Iran does not pose a direct military threat to anyone BUT Israel.
I disagree...they'll sell nukes to terrorist groups or send one our way via the shipping industry.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #10
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
I'm guessing you didn't watch the video above.

Let me throw this out to everyone who's so fearful of Iran: from what sources do you get your information about Iran and it's desire to nuke Israel and the U.S.? Does it come from politicians, the mainstream media and the United Nations? Aren't those the same institutions we all hate and distrust? Yes, I know we've all heard and read the translations of Ahmedinejad talking about "wiping Israel from the map". Let me ask you: do you think Israel cannot defend herself from Iran?

Beware of propaganda. Ron Paul is not weak on Iran.

As for closing the Straight of Hormuz, that would hurt many of Iran's allies as much as it would hurt us. And closing exports also closes imports. Iran doesn't refine its own gas - it imports it. Oil is a raw material that is useless on its own.

Furthermore, the West's oil storage facilities are maxed out right now - Iran could cut off its flow tomorrow and we would still have oil reserves for many years. Who will outlast whom?