Are you a hypocrite? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Are you a hypocrite?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 04:40 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
So you trained all of your life for the privilege to own and carry firearms and the Sheriff issued you a permit based on his own observation of your shooting skills! What a great story to tell anti-gunners or people that haven't decided yet. You are a great testimony all to yourself!
Smalltown Idaho is different than 98% of everywhere else. When I see the Sheriff in his uniform I have to look twice, when I see the Sheriff in a camo jacket and levis it's Bob. And in Idaho a gun in a case is a concealed weapon. There are a lot of deer and elk to run over with your truck. There just always seems to be a firearm in the truck to put them down. And I am old.

Last edited by Flat Tire; 07-23-2012 at 04:45 AM.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #22

Liked 54 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I live in central California and over the years have convinced a lot of my friends to get into shooting. I feel I have done my part. If I'm at a party or event and someone makes a anti gun statement I will educate them in front of everybody even though it makes my wife a little upset with me.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #23

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
I am a Christian in love with my Lord! I feel like I spend more time proselytizing friends and family on gun right and the necessity of owning and using guns responsibly than I do talking about Jesus.

I do think I have that a bit backwards, but I should probably just add more Jesus. I take every opportunity I can to talk about guns in a responsible way, showing that normal Americans can love guns, shoot guns, carry guns, and we're not wackos for doing it!

More guns, less crime is a truism!!
No, you have it right. Keep on preaching about responsible and safe firearm ownership. It is a RIGHT that is guaranteed by our Constitution.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #24
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
So you trained all of your life for the privilege to own and carry firearms and the Sheriff issued you a permit based on his own observation of your shooting skills! What a great story to tell anti-gunners or people that haven't decided yet. You are a great testimony all to yourself!
You mean GOD GIVEN RIGHT as a free born american citizen!?!?!?

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #25

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
The problem I see is the people who don't own guns only want the police and/or military to have guns. They think someone who just goes and buys a gun is a threat and not qualified and not trained properly to do the right thing. They have never shot a gun and are afraid of guns. I don't know how to edumacate them.
I never engage hoplophobes UNLESS there are fence sitters within earshot. If that's the case I'm happy to calmly and politely pick apart anyones gun control argument because I KNOW they will quickly degenerate into hurling insults, tearing at there own hair and clothing, and generally make an ass of themselves.

In any debate, the first one to get emotional and rude looses...and the fence sitters are watching.

Tack
Old 07-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
gun control argument because I KNOW they will quickly degenerate into hurling insults, tearing at there own hair and clothing, and generally make an ass of themselves.
that is the part I normally deal with

Old 07-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
You mean GOD GIVEN RIGHT as a free born american citizen!?!?!?
Why is it "god given" ???

Old 07-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #28
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
Why is it "god given" ???
Study some of the writings of the founders to better understand.

I will attempt to sum it up....the rights contained in the BOR like the 2nd are NATURAL rights. Rights every person are born with. They are not derived from the govt. they are not bequethed by the govt. these rights are never GIVEN but always taken by Govts.

I am sure others such as bkt or K Josh will come along and sum it up better than i can.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!