Are you a hypocrite? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Are you a hypocrite?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjc View Post
It`s doubtful anything other than compromise will work...Liberals and Conservatives... neither have a monopoly on the truth... both do whatever they can to get what they want but when you have our government [ behind the scenes ] working toward gun control...you can bet its coming... in fact all governments want to disarm the world...it`s just a matter of when.... thats why I say gun owners need to have some mechanism to get involved directly in the discussion.....
JimJc, we do have a very good mechanism in to get directly involved with any discussions regarding restrictions and bans on firearms, and there is no where it's states compromise, but states "shall not be infringed" that mechanism is the 2nd admendment!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
well JimJC, when you live in arich liberal environment such as where you live, you have those problems. here in Texas, we have many amny LEO and departments that support and promote the right to own and carry firearms. liberals down here are the minority. even th Boy Scouts here learn gun safety and shooting, and many of the people i have went to church with CC!

lack of trusting other people comes from your liberal environment. i have been to Illinois a couple of times on business, and some of you are the most rude and unfriendly people i have ever encountered just because i was from the south. like i came from some foreign country. i am not saying that all people from Illinois are like that, but some i met were and i hope they are not representative of all the people there. one of the by far friendliest states i was ever in was Lousiana.
I have lived in Illinois of many years....The people are very good by and large and the area I live in is far and away Conservative but the crooks that run the state are the most successful crooks in the country...I will be leaving and going to more friendly land Florida permanently where I have had property for many years and live there part time....

I believe the lack of trust was spawned by both parties 30 years ago...Conservatives are no more truthful when it comes to government...I have more Conservative friends than Liberal but their all friends no matter...All though if I need help for any reason I have a few Liberal friends that will be here before I can put the phone down....Most of my Conservative friends come from the country clubs I belong to....But I have developed other friends in a 3rd party and have actually won over a few from both parties...I`m not one to mince words..I see you have decided to post to me...could be we got off on the wrong foot...who knows...I never been a me to guy...

I retired very early after owning a few businesses...I know how things work...but I have opinions also...Whether this will be a place I`ll visit or not remains to be seen...Anyway you have a good one..

Old 07-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Jim, we have tried compromise in the past, and now we regret it. It is time to screw compromise, and go on an all out offensive. We (gun owners and Americans who believe in the Constitution word for word) far out number the anti gun supporters. We have more than enough power to take this country back by voting alone.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #14

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
I have lived in Illinois of many years....The people are very good by and large and the area I live in is far and away Conservative but the crooks that run the state are the most successful crooks in the country...I will be leaving and going to more friendly land Florida permanently where I have had property for many years and live there part time....

I believe the lack of trust was spawned by both parties 30 years ago...Conservatives are no more truthful when it comes to government...I have more Conservative friends than Liberal but their all friends no matter...All though if I need help for any reason I have a few Liberal friends that will be here before I can put the phone down....Most of my Conservative friends come from the country clubs I belong to....But I have developed other friends in a 3rd party and have actually won over a few from both parties...I`m not one to mince words..I see you have decided to post to me...could be we got off on the wrong foot...who knows...I never been a me to guy...

I retired very early after owning a few businesses...I know how things work...but I have opinions also...Whether this will be a place I`ll visit or not remains to be seen...Anyway you have a good one..
No, no wrong foot, nobody's upset, we're all on the same side here. It's just that the word 'compromise' is like that scab that just won't heal. As pro-rights advocates, we have gone above and beyond the call of duty where this topic is concerned so any more is deemed unacceptable.

Also, again IMHO, defining folks as L and C just pushes the two side further and further apart...the divide is already Grand Canyon-esque. The common ground is what we should focus on and that common ground we ALL share is the Constitution of the United States of America. It's worked for over 2 centuries and while times have indeed changed, people inherently haven't.

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 07-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #15
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
The problem I see is the people who don't own guns only want the police and/or military to have guns. They think someone who just goes and buys a gun is a threat and not qualified and not trained properly to do the right thing. They have never shot a gun and are afraid of guns. I don't know how to edumacate them.
Flat Tire, do you hav a CCW, or do you practice frequently? Just tell them about all the stuff you had to go through to get a CCW. Or keep a range diary on how many rounds and how often you shoot - it all qualifies as training and will be helpful if you are in a shooting as well. We all train, watch videos, shoot, practice drawing, and it's all training. This is what I tell people who don't understand all the work that goes into owning a gun! :-)

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Last edited by TekGreg; 07-22-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
It`s a very up hill battle for gun owners...The Police departments don`t want people to own guns and actually work to get gun control...City governments...family organizations...women's groups....religious groups...just to mention a few..... people are scared of guns and they don`t trust people that own them...and don`t care about the 2nd amend...no matter what the arguement is...

People just no longer trust other people...there has been a divide and conquer mentality for the last 30 years and it`s worked...people simple don`t trust anyone....and big national events like Colorado serve to give strength to the gun control movement....People see the attitude of gun owners digging in and accepting no compromise....The people are sick and tired of nothing working...it`s going to be difficult going forward...there will be compromise whether or not everyone agrees...
I've found that many street cops have no problem with citizens being legally armed, but the problem comes at an administrative level, from about lieutenant on up to Chief. This is easy to understand because those levels are dealing with liberal government types that need to approve their promotions. This makes for a "you scratch my back" situation where personal beliefs get sold out for upward career mobility. Check with your police sometime - they'll be more than happy to talk about it! :-)

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 07-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Another thing the public is never made aware of is the incidents where an armed citizen stops a crime. Just eight days before Aurora, CO., there was a incident at an Internet Cafe where a citizen wounded two robbers and caused them to be caught. The video footage is here. But this will never be in the mainstream media, because there are no victims' families to be paraded in front of the cameras, no one's blood to show other than the criminals - no way to scream about gun banning at the top of their lungs. Things like this video happen all of the time, but are never broadcast by the media - WE need to make sure others, the public, the voters, know about these incidences.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #18

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Flat Tire, do you hav a CCW, or do you practice frequently? Just tell them about all the stuff you had to go through to get a CCW. Or keep a range diary on how many rounds and how often you shoot - it all qualifies as training and will be helpful if you are in a shooting as well. We all train, watch videos, shoot, practice drawing, and it's all training. This is what I tell people who don't understand all the work that goes into owning a gun! :-)
My dad was WWII and I was raise with guns in a rural area. My closest neighbor is two miles and I have a rifle range at home. All the State Police and County Sheriffs with snipers come to my house and shoot. I have even had some military boys who want to shoot at 6300' and also shoot 30 degree angles come and spend time with me. The local Sheriff asked me if I had a CCW and I said no, so he gave me a form to fill out. He explained Idaho law and said it would be in my best interest to have one.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #19

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I am a Christian in love with my Lord! I feel like I spend more time proselytizing friends and family on gun right and the necessity of owning and using guns responsibly than I do talking about Jesus.

I do think I have that a bit backwards, but I should probably just add more Jesus. I take every opportunity I can to talk about guns in a responsible way, showing that normal Americans can love guns, shoot guns, carry guns, and we're not wackos for doing it!

More guns, less crime is a truism!!

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-23-2012, 03:32 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
My dad was WWII and I was raise with guns in a rural area. My closest neighbor is two miles and I have a rifle range at home. All the State Police and County Sheriffs with snipers come to my house and shoot. I have even had some military boys who want to shoot at 6300' and also shoot 30 degree angles come and spend time with me. The local Sheriff asked me if I had a CCW and I said no, so he gave me a form to fill out. He explained Idaho law and said it would be in my best interest to have one.
So you trained all of your life for the privilege to own and carry firearms and the Sheriff issued you a permit based on his own observation of your shooting skills! What a great story to tell anti-gunners or people that haven't decided yet. You are a great testimony all to yourself!