Are you familiar with the GFSZA ? = 5 years in Federal Prison - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Are you familiar with the GFSZA ? = 5 years in Federal Prison

View Poll Results: Why aren't YOU getting involved to fight this?
I don't have time. 2 12.50%
I don't care. 2 12.50%
I'm a casual drug user. Gotta stay low key. 1 6.25%
One person can't make a difference. Why bother. 1 6.25%
I'm American. I expect tomone else to fight my fights for me. 0 0%
I'm the exception. I wrote my legislator or took other action. 10 62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #11
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
Now the name makes a lot more sense....
Lol yep. You're not a truck are you? Lol

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #12

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

again - My post from a similar thread;

This is a case study in why our country is circling the drain!

"Central government's preeminent failure exists in its inability to distinguish between one’s behavior as innocent or malicious." -

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
rjd3282 Likes This 
Old 05-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Alright, I figured most of you guys were already aware of this.

Someone voted "They don't care". I think that's pathetic. I'm glad most gun owners do care and are not so nonchalant about our gun rights being slowly eroded.

The number of people who want their rights and freedoms but will sit back and wait for everyone else to do the sacrificing for them makes me puke.

Aren't we slowly, progressively and persistently moving away from the free nation intended and toward a Police state ?

The nation is becoming deeply divided between those who value Constitutional Government and family values and those who only value self indulgence and personal comfort. The pervasive "Me Me Me" mentality is bringing us all down.

Last edited by galapogos; 05-24-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #14
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I voted I don't care. I am licensed to carry and live well within the 1000' range of a school zone. If it's not being enforced we have better things to worry about. If it were a poll about whether carrying should/should not be allowed on campus etc my stance would be different.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #15
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
I voted I don't care. I am licensed to carry and live well within the 1000' range of a school zone. If it's not being enforced we have better things to worry about. If it were a poll about whether carrying should/should not be allowed on campus etc my stance would be different.
The final line of your statement lends itself to my stance. Why concern ourselves with something not being enforced when gun ownership itself is a concern. Pick your battles.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
again - My post from a similar thread;

This is a case study in why our country is circling the drain!

"Central government's preeminent failure exists in its inability to distinguish between one’s behavior as innocent or malicious." -
Very true. How do so many ignoramuses get into elected offices?

Old 05-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Because only rich, priviledged people for the most part have the money and the connections necessary to be able to run a campaign. At voting time, we end up trying to guess which is the lesser of the evils - the guy who will get our jobs outsourced to China, but will let us keep our guns vs the guy who will let us keep our jobs but take away our guns and other things guaranteed by the Constitution, like privacy and freedom of speech.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #18

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

When I read about the GFSZA I took it to heart as there is a private school several hundred feet off of my property. I bought this home beside a church with a small school so I did not have to worry about someone building something beside me house. I shoot out back several times a month and always wait until the school is out for the day to make sure the children are not in harms way.

I also fired up the email brigade to voice my opinion on how stupid this really is. Am I supposed to keep my guns somewhere besides my home? How can I defend my family with a law like this on the books? Since when did criminals obey the law?????

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
The fact you even need a license to carry shows you are already P'owned.

Going by your post, you don't understand the issues here. It is not about your rights in your own state. It's once you are out of your state. You may not, but a lot of gun owner's get around. It's the Feds making State's rights on Gun laws null and void.

That's how they get us, one little step at a time.
Lose enough battles and you'll certainly lose the entire war.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross View Post
When I read about the GFSZA I took it to heart as there is a private school several hundred feet off of my property. I bought this home beside a church with a small school so I did not have to worry about someone building something beside me house. I shoot out back several times a month and always wait until the school is out for the day to make sure the children are not in harms way.

I also fired up the email brigade to voice my opinion on how stupid this really is. Am I supposed to keep my guns somewhere besides my home? How can I defend my family with a law like this on the books? Since when did criminals obey the law?????
Hmmmm.....

To reiterate...

GFSZA as it relates to Concealed carry is not about schools near you. Most states allow you to carry within 1000fr of schools in your own state (where the license was issued and where you were certified gun competent) It's about the Feds ability to slap law abiding citizens who have valid CCW's and visit other states with reciprocal Concealed Carry laws with 5 years in Federal prison and bar you from ever again owing a gun..

You are to be commended for actually doing something regardless.

Last edited by galapogos; 05-24-2012 at 05:33 PM.