Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > You dont need a licence to drive!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 11:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Default You dont need a licence to drive!

As the title states, you do not need a license to drive your personal vehicle for private use. The law states you are only required to have a licence for commerce. This also includes license plates, inspection and registration. Don't take my word for it, do your research.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2014, 11:40 PM   #2

Liked 2075 Times on 1222 Posts
Likes Given: 445

False in Wa State.

Pretty clearly required for operating on any state roads.

Since licenses are issued at state levels, the original post may be way too broad to apply in any other state than that of the OP if it is even true in that state.

In WA, it would technically be legal to operate a motor vehicle on private roads without a license.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #3

Liked 63 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I believe in most states as long as you are on "Private Property" you do not need to be licensed to operate a vehicle.

As soon as it touches a "Public" road you better have one.

Similar to our seat belt law. Farm equipment does not require the use of a seat belt. A truck can easily be registered as "Farm Equipment". If on the public road going to the grocery store do you need a seat belt if driving a truck registered as "farm equipment". It's a good idea as most law enforcement may not see it as farm equipment since it is not a tractor.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:54 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8622 Times on 3735 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

Do not make Political posts if you are not a Supporting member. If you are, then put it in Politics.

Those are the terms of Service you agreed to when you signed up here. Don't take my word for it, do your research.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Closed Thread