Are you confused about CA laws with respect to the assault weapons definition? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Are you confused about CA laws with respect to the assault weapons definition?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 01:09 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

how many gun friendly States are their?

AZ?
MT
ID
TX
WI CCW!
MI
IN?
ME?
MO
KS
NM
GA
FL
NC/SC??

Old 08-02-2011, 01:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
how many gun friendly States are their?

AZ?
MT
ID
TX
WI CCW!
MI
IN?
ME?
MO
KS
NM
GA
FL
NC/SC??
in what way? Ohio is super friendly to guns. but the police (in the northeast) think civilians dont deserve to carry weapons let alone have any what so ever. and they are happy as all hell to make sure you know that.

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 08-02-2011, 01:29 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Some of us don't have much choice about living in California. So, we do what we can to protect and expand gun rights in this State. I'd much rather move away to a free state, but that's not possible for me. So, I do my best to change things.

Believe it or not, California is full of good, righteous, conservative and principled people. However, Sacramento, L.A, San Francisco and environs and San Diego are full of liberal leftists. (think Berkeley among others) So we are outnumbered by districting and in political clout. Even so, we have made progress.

I'd much rather take the easy way out and move, but like I said, I can't. So, I fight the good fight.

There is a Tea Party gathering this month and a Friends of the NRA dinner right here in my small town. I belong to the NRA, GOA, Gun Owners of California and the Calguns Foundation. I put my money where my mouth is.

I have applied for my CCW here and it looks like I'll get it even though this is a "May Issue" County. I'm willing to jump through the required hoops because it is worth it.

It's easy to piss and moan and to point fingers, especially from the outside looking in. It takes balls to stand up for what is right and to take some risk.

I'd appreciate less finger pointing and more solution oriented commentary.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-02-2011, 01:31 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca357 View Post
some of us don't have much choice about living in california. So, we do what we can to protect and expand gun rights in this state. I'd much rather move away to a free state, but that's not possible for me. So, i do my best to change things.

Believe it or not, california is full of good, righteous, conservative and principled people. However, sacramento, l.a, san francisco and environs and san diego are full of liberal leftists. (think berkeley among others) so we are outnumbered by districting and in political clout. Even so, we have made progress.

I'd much rather take the easy way out and move, but like i said, i can't. So, i fight the good fight.

There is a tea party gathering this month and a friends of the nra dinner right here in my small town. I belong to the nra, goa, gun owners of california and the calguns foundation. I put my money where my mouth is.

I have applied for my ccw here and it looks like i'll get it even though this is a "may issue" county. I'm willing to jump through the required hoops because it is worth it.

It's easy to piss and moan and to point fingers, especially from the outside looking in. It takes balls to stand up for what is right and to take some risk.

thats the home of nacy polosi!

Old 08-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcprofessional View Post
in what way? Ohio is super friendly to guns. but the police (in the northeast) think civilians dont deserve to carry weapons let alone have any what so ever. and they are happy as all hell to make sure you know that.
to have laws that reconize that people have a right to own guns under the 2nd A. and dont DENY THEM like chi town does or DC

Old 08-02-2011, 01:47 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Oh yeah, we've got 'em all. Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein, Matsui and from out of the Twilight Zone, Jerry friggin' Brown as governor again.

There are more, but we also have some good ones.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-02-2011, 02:15 AM   #17

most of the reason ill be goin back to california is because thats where i grew up, thats where most of my (conservative, gun owning, animal shooting/eating, beer drinking, liberal commie hating, dead animal covered walls etc etc....) family lives. im in alabama because im stationed at fort benning. what im actually lookin to do right after the army is go to college in texas then maybe move to NV because from what i know its a pretty free state. stayin away from vegas tho... just not too far. But that monstrosity of a flow chart is ridiculous. and that is the most i could find on it. i looked up California gun laws on google and everything that came up said that the gun control department of the department of justice has a "no opinion" stance on gun rights. makes no sense to me.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:51 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcprofessional View Post
dont go to cleveland, akron, canton, medina, generally the whole northeast. if you have a gun on you, you are already a dirt bag criminal and you will be treated as such.
I do not go to the northeast portion of ohio. I have no desire to see those areas. I usually go west to Fort Wayne for shopping since it is close.
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Some of us don't have much choice about living in California. So, we do what we can to protect and expand gun rights in this State. I'd much rather move away to a free state, but that's not possible for me. So, I do my best to change things.

Believe it or not, California is full of good, righteous, conservative and principled people. However, Sacramento, L.A, San Francisco and environs and San Diego are full of liberal leftists. (think Berkeley among others) So we are outnumbered by districting and in political clout. Even so, we have made progress.

I'd much rather take the easy way out and move, but like I said, I can't. So, I fight the good fight.

There is a Tea Party gathering this month and a Friends of the NRA dinner right here in my small town. I belong to the NRA, GOA, Gun Owners of California and the Calguns Foundation. I put my money where my mouth is.

I have applied for my CCW here and it looks like I'll get it even though this is a "May Issue" County. I'm willing to jump through the required hoops because it is worth it.

From what I understand about my neighbor's sister who lives there (heresay from my neighbor)... she owns a house that is worth $750k - she is a school teacher!! She could sell it and move back to Ohio and instantly be rich as a similar house here is ~$100k. I'd do it
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:28 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Maybe you could find some kind soul in TX to hold your non-Cali-approved firearms until you can get to college in TX?

If i moved to Cali, i would rent a locker at the nearest gun club across the state line. I would imagine there are some clubs that considered that in choosing their locations.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.