Are you confused about CA laws with respect to the assault weapons definition?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Are you confused about CA laws with respect to the assault weapons definition?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: phenix city,Alabama
Posts: 84
Default Are you confused about CA laws with respect to the assault weapons definition?

this may or may not help. it just raised more questions for me. i live in alabama right now but will be moving back to CA some what soon so i looked up the gun laws and heres what i found about assault weapons

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

__________________

Last edited by canebrake; 08-23-2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: TTTP
bmatt1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 08-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Celina,Ohio
Posts: 177
Default

my god - what a complex beast. I suggest you reconsider going back there.... 8|

__________________
Libertarian Party Member
ar15.com expatriot
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.
SoupNazi is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,155
Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
my god - what a complex beast. I suggest you reconsider going back there.... 8|
Seconded! If you don't want to stay in Bama, move to another free state.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
usmcprofessional's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 249
Default

man, f**k that noise. god bless Texas. i moved here from Ohio, and the first thing i was told was by a sherriff deputy at a gas station "welcome to a free state son."

texas law would look like this:


do you have a gun -- no -- and why the hell not?!
|
yes
|
hell yea! get another!

__________________

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

usmcprofessional is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Celina,Ohio
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcprofessional View Post
man, f**k that noise. god bless Texas. i moved here from Ohio, and the first thing i was told was by a sherriff deputy at a gas station "welcome to a free state son."

texas law would look like this:


do you have a gun -- no -- and why the hell not?!
|
yes
|
hell yea! get another!
Ohio isn't to bad either. I can get a CCW. I can own AR15s etc... I just can't have larger than a 30 round magazine. Not nearly as bad as CA.
__________________
Libertarian Party Member
ar15.com expatriot
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.
SoupNazi is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
usmcprofessional's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Ohio isn't to bad either. I can get a CCW. I can own AR15s etc... I just can't have larger than a 30 round magazine. Not nearly as bad as CA.
thats funny. every one that has an ar or ak has more than 30 round mags for them. even sold them that the stores. i find them redundant but, whatever, to each their own. but it was alright. cops were total communist police and didnt deserve to wear a badge let alone a uniform. i find it funny that that ccw dash cam crap was in canton. what you see there is not some isolated inncident. thats exactly the sh*t they talk when you have a ccw. sherriffs were awesome though.
__________________

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."


Last edited by usmcprofessional; 08-01-2011 at 07:54 PM.
usmcprofessional is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Celina,Ohio
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcprofessional View Post
thats funny. every one that has an ar or ak has more than 30 round mags for them. even sold them that the stores. i find them redundant but, whatever, to each their own. but it was alright. cops were total communist police and didnt deserve to wear a badge let alone a uniform. i find it funny that that ccw dash cam crap was in canton. what you see there is not some isolated inncident. thats exactly the sh*t they talk when you have a ccw. sherriffs were awesome though.
That could be ... I live in a very small town. I know most of the police. They are not dicks to you unless you are dicks to them.
__________________
Libertarian Party Member
ar15.com expatriot
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.
SoupNazi is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonewolf101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 528
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I dont know why someone would subject themself as a gun owner to live in a COMMIE State like CALIFORINA! and the bad thing about their views on guns is SPREADING to bording States like co,or,wa,.

__________________
lonewolf101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
usmcprofessional's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
That could be ... I live in a very small town. I know most of the police. They are not dicks to you unless you are dicks to them.
dont go to cleveland, akron, canton, medina, generally the whole northeast. if you have a gun on you, you are already a dirt bag criminal and you will be treated as such.
__________________

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

usmcprofessional is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cottonwood,Free State of Jefferson
Posts: 217
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

So far, Calif. is an open carry state. BUT if you are stopped by LEO's be prepared to be treated likeyou just robbed a bank, shot up the convent and ate babies.

__________________
oldshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Confused about a gun case nikotromus11 General Rifle Discussion 14 04-11-2011 12:33 PM
just confused?? Gatorfan9606 AR-15 Discussion 10 04-01-2011 03:04 AM
Still confused clr8ter AR-15 Discussion 49 03-29-2011 02:21 AM
confused hdwrench AR-15 Discussion 11 05-11-2010 04:38 AM
confused about statement on C&R license? Musket Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 08-26-2008 07:19 PM