Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   WWII vet discovers hes not a U.S. citizen (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/wwii-vet-discovers-he-s-not-u-s-citizen-40251/)

Poink88 03-25-2011 12:45 AM

WWII vet discovers hes not a U.S. citizen

This is crazy....

WWII vet discovers he’s not a U.S. citizen - Yahoo! News

Ninety-five-year-old Leeland Davidson discovered recently that he's not considered a U.S. citizen, despite living nearly 100 years in the country and serving in the U.S. Navy during WWII.

"We always figured because he was born to U.S. parents he's automatically a U.S. citizen," said Davidson's daughter, Rose Schoolcraft.
:
:
:

Dillinger 03-25-2011 01:10 AM

Unbelievable, and yet here it is, happening in my home state. What a surprise. :mad:

This man was born to US parents, served his "adopted" country with distinction, and how this?!?!

If anyone steps in and blocks his citizenship? Well. I am afraid they will be actively campaigned against by those in our state who respect that sort of commitment.

I really hope someone from the Department of the Navy just steps in and says "You want Federal Funding this year, back the F*CK OFF on this!"

*crossing paws*

JD

spittinfire 03-25-2011 01:25 AM

If anyone even considers deporting that man they need to be shot. If he were considered to not be a US citizen you can't bet your last nickle the government will be after him for all the SS checks he's cashed.

red ryder 03-25-2011 01:50 AM

I would think this will be pushed through rather quickly and he will have his papers.

he had no idea he wasn't a US citizen and its not like the immigration authority sits around and "checks". Its just rare for a WWII vet to still be around, and surprising that he technically isn't a US citizen. Hence, it made the news.

I think everyone can agree the man is a true american, its not a passport that makes a man who he is.

Dillinger 03-25-2011 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red ryder (Post 471969)

I think everyone can agree the man is a true american, its not a passport that makes a man who he is.

I can Quote That for the F**KING TRUTH!!

laynejc 03-25-2011 02:32 AM

WWII Vet not a citizen

Not real sure this belongs in legal and activism, but this is just plain stupid. As far as I am concerned, hes a US citizen.

WWII vet discovers he’s not a U.S. citizen - Yahoo! News

dunerunner 03-25-2011 02:56 AM

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for formal recognition of his citizenship!

M14sRock 03-25-2011 04:27 AM

Un-freaking-believable.

freefall 03-25-2011 06:08 AM

The POTUS was born (where?) progeny of one NON citizen and the gov't blindly trumpets his citizenship. Who are these asshats and why do they get to trample our lives? We need a good rug shaking.