Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > WTF Texas?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default WTF Texas?

I'm starting to wonder, and I was all set to move down there....

FOXNews.com - Gun Dealer Gets Prison for Selling to Illegal Immigrant; Illegal 'Middle Man' Not Charged

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
That's just FUBAR...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That disappoints me coming from anywhere but especially Texas.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #4

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

It says the dealer witnessed the illegal immigrant hand the money to the straw purchaser and then sold him the gun. If he is an FFL dealer thats definitely illegal. I strongly believe the straw purchaser should be punished and deported (because he is illegal)

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 09-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I read somewhere else that he isn't an FFL.

What bugs me is that one has a valid driver's license, despite being an illegal.

That ATF was conveniently there.

Was this a set-up? A jury of his peers let this float?

Old 09-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5451 Times on 2845 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Quote:
thats a federal government thing. it was federal agents and federal judges. it did not have really much to do with texas itself. just remember the current administration is anti-constitution, anti-america, and pro-illegal

Old 09-13-2010, 12:44 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2042 Times on 1105 Posts
Likes Given: 3075

The guy who sold the gun to the illegal is not a licensed gun dealer. The rules of the gunshow stated that all gun sales at the show had to go through a licensed gun dealer. The perp chose to ignore the rules of the gunshow. Everyone who exhibited at that gunshow knew that the BATFE would be there.

Nearly every gunshow that i go to has several guys with tables who are not licensed gun dealers. i see these same guys show after show. Some of them sell dozens of guns every year. Private collections, my rear. These guys are unlicensed gun dealers.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:39 AM   #8

The rules of the gun show make no difference in this case. The law will not arrest you for violating the rule of the show.

Here is what happened....

The seller was not an FFL. Wouldn't make any difference anyway. FFL or not the law applies to both, in this case.

There was a group of people that approached the seller and one of them wanted to purchase the gun. Since he could not produce a valid Texas Driver's License the seller denied the purchase.

Later, the same group approached the seller and again the same person expressed his desire to purchase the gun but still had not acquired a valid Texas Driver's License since he had last seen the seller (about 10-20 minutes earlier.)

Later, the same group approached the seller but this time a different person in the group said he would purchase the gun and so provided a valid Texas Driver's License. The gun found it's way to the original person, so...

The jury convicted the seller for participating in a straw purchase citing that the seller should have had reasonable suspicion that the gun would have been passed to the original person that did not have a valid TDL.

Of course, this all took place in the state's capital, the most liberal city in Texas.

Owner, operator, sales manager, and only salesman for:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
and I also sweep out the place.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
I'm starting to wonder, and I was all set to move down there....
It wouldn't matter, BATF&E is everywhere. From what Eastex_Guns says, perhaps the seller should have known. Every gun show I go to, which is pretty rare these days, I assume BATF&E is there in force, and they are not beneath setting up an illegal sale.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 09-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #10

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

It's not just at the gun shows either. BATFE has been known to setup stings in cities that border another state. You list your gun on a local GA forum for example and you'll get a response from a buyer just over the state line in SC. This out of state buyer will try to convince you that there really isn't a need to involve an FFL...