Wrongfully Arrested in Vancouver WA
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Wrongfully Arrested in Vancouver WA

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 02:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Default Wrongfully Arrested in Vancouver WA

In this video, Air Force Veteran Mack Worley is wrongfully arrested for trespass while on a public sidewalk over a year ago.

It took almost exactly 1 year for the VPD to return his phone and stolen video but only when forced to do so in discovery at a trial they postponed for as long as they could.

Numerous plea offers were made and rejected because the City refused to turn over the video to the defendant and lied about possessing it on numerous occasions.

I heard Mack's side of the story last year within weeks of it happening and have been patiently waiting for VPD to produce some evidence that their actions were just.

At trial, the trespass charge was dropped but the prosecutor managed to get a guilty verdict on a obscure law about displaying a weapon despite the fact that he was legally open carrying a legal firearm?

Tack

Last edited by JonM; 07-14-2014 at 02:51 AM. Reason: solicitation of funds removed
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-14-2014, 03:28 AM   #2

Liked 2294 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 503

Pro-open carry or not. This is one of those attention seeking acts that earned the guy exactly the kind of response he was hoping for. He was hoping the cops would misunderstand. Good job. They did.

By purposefully seeking a police response he created a disturbance with his firearm.

There are right ways and wrong ways to promote the gun owners cause. This doesn't help much.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:38 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 537 Times on 301 Posts

When you look for trouble,trouble finds you.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Pro-open carry or not. This is one of those attention seeking acts that earned the guy exactly the kind of response he was hoping for. He was hoping the cops would misunderstand. Good job. They did.

By purposefully seeking a police response he created a disturbance with his firearm.

There are right ways and wrong ways to promote the gun owners cause. This doesn't help much.
I agree and would not personally OC an AR in a location like this "which happens to be a 1/2 mile from my home"

The problem is that after being released from an illegal detention, he was arrested for trespass on a public sidewalk?

It's pretty clear to me that the only reason VPD did this was his assertion of his 4A rights.

They arrested him for "contempt of cop", plain and simple. That's the part I've got a problem with and why I'm supporting him.

Tack
Old 07-15-2014, 06:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopowerbmx View Post
When you look for trouble,trouble finds you.
This is true, but when it shows up in the uniform of local PD... It should be "legal."
Old 07-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #6
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1236 Times on 839 Posts
Likes Given: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post

+1000....... Amen !
Old 07-15-2014, 10:08 AM   #7
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6345 Times on 3172 Posts
Likes Given: 6837

I think the biggest prob here was the guy was out of his league, 3 armed LEO's likely trump one OC (Obsessive Compulsive). If he was trying to make a point, it got lost the second he attempted to cross back onto private property after somewhat successfully trying to make that point. All they had to do was wait and he was bound to give them a string to hang him with, he did.

If your out to make a point, be sure its one you can sleep comfortably with. He knew what he was getting himself into, he just pushed it one step too far. Im sure that LEO's work for us but understand they have one personal goal, to go home after their shift and be with their family. Momma didnt raise no fool, never disrespect someone with a badge and a gun, you can lose bigtime.

OC is a a basic right in all 50 states that has somehow been made illegal in most of them, I disagree with the states take on it but I will try to only pick fights Im sure I will come out on top. His lone voice only put him in a place he had nobody standing beside him other than legal counsel.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #8

Liked 1039 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 681

My question is where is the line here? I thought the cops were for the most part, being pretty polite and respectable. So, would it have hurt to answer some of their questions? At what point are you obligated to? I get the feeling that if he'd told them his name, and why he's toting an AR, they'd have let him go without further difficulties. Honestly, I'd have to put him in the category with the Target guys. Dumbass.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 07-15-2014, 12:29 PM   #9
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1096 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 651

Yep, he has absolutely no right to go about his day freely.

If one is going to OC you'd better be prepared to defend that "RIGHT" as most of the LE in this country have been trained to disarm the public. Physically or thru intimidation to the point where most are afraid to expose a firearm even under the most innocent of intent.

The pyscho latino gal with the shotgun should be counting her blessings.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #10

Liked 1039 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 681

Quote:
even under the most innocent of intent.
I'm not sure that phrase is applicable. These people's intent is to basically pick a fight. They have no other reason to have a rifle on them. I watched a video from Cali where the cops made sure it was unloaded, as per the law. (It was) So, that right there removes all defense arguments. What is left? NOTHING. They're picking a fight. Want proof? Who takes an unloaded gun, and walks around with it "while my car is being washed" (that's what the Cali guy actually said), while videotaping the WHOLE time? No one.

Now, if someone said, "I live down there, and I'm going to the range a mile down the street.", whole different story. But so far I have never heard of that.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

People Like This 
Closed Thread