Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Wrongfully Arrested in Vancouver WA (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/wrongfully-arrested-vancouver-wa-108650/)

Tackleberry1 07-14-2014 03:43 AM

Wrongfully Arrested in Vancouver WA

In this video, Air Force Veteran Mack Worley is wrongfully arrested for trespass while on a public sidewalk over a year ago.

It took almost exactly 1 year for the VPD to return his phone and stolen video but only when forced to do so in discovery at a trial they postponed for as long as they could.

Numerous plea offers were made and rejected because the City refused to turn over the video to the defendant and lied about possessing it on numerous occasions.

I heard Mack's side of the story last year within weeks of it happening and have been patiently waiting for VPD to produce some evidence that their actions were just.

At trial, the trespass charge was dropped but the prosecutor managed to get a guilty verdict on a obscure law about displaying a weapon despite the fact that he was legally open carrying a legal firearm?

Tack

SSGN_Doc 07-14-2014 04:28 AM

Pro-open carry or not. This is one of those attention seeking acts that earned the guy exactly the kind of response he was hoping for. He was hoping the cops would misunderstand. Good job. They did.

By purposefully seeking a police response he created a disturbance with his firearm.

There are right ways and wrong ways to promote the gun owners cause. This doesn't help much.

mopowerbmx 07-14-2014 04:38 AM

When you look for trouble,trouble finds you.

Tackleberry1 07-14-2014 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1604139)
Pro-open carry or not. This is one of those attention seeking acts that earned the guy exactly the kind of response he was hoping for. He was hoping the cops would misunderstand. Good job. They did.

By purposefully seeking a police response he created a disturbance with his firearm.

There are right ways and wrong ways to promote the gun owners cause. This doesn't help much.

I agree and would not personally OC an AR in a location like this "which happens to be a 1/2 mile from my home"

The problem is that after being released from an illegal detention, he was arrested for trespass on a public sidewalk?

It's pretty clear to me that the only reason VPD did this was his assertion of his 4A rights.

They arrested him for "contempt of cop", plain and simple. That's the part I've got a problem with and why I'm supporting him.

Tack

Tackleberry1 07-15-2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mopowerbmx (Post 1604142)
When you look for trouble,trouble finds you.

This is true, but when it shows up in the uniform of local PD... It should be "legal."

G30USMC 07-15-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1604139)

+1000....... Amen !

WebleyFosbery38 07-15-2014 11:08 AM

I think the biggest prob here was the guy was out of his league, 3 armed LEO's likely trump one OC (Obsessive Compulsive). If he was trying to make a point, it got lost the second he attempted to cross back onto private property after somewhat successfully trying to make that point. All they had to do was wait and he was bound to give them a string to hang him with, he did.

If your out to make a point, be sure its one you can sleep comfortably with. He knew what he was getting himself into, he just pushed it one step too far. Im sure that LEO's work for us but understand they have one personal goal, to go home after their shift and be with their family. Momma didnt raise no fool, never disrespect someone with a badge and a gun, you can lose bigtime.

OC is a a basic right in all 50 states that has somehow been made illegal in most of them, I disagree with the states take on it but I will try to only pick fights Im sure I will come out on top. His lone voice only put him in a place he had nobody standing beside him other than legal counsel.

clr8ter 07-15-2014 01:02 PM

My question is where is the line here? I thought the cops were for the most part, being pretty polite and respectable. So, would it have hurt to answer some of their questions? At what point are you obligated to? I get the feeling that if he'd told them his name, and why he's toting an AR, they'd have let him go without further difficulties. Honestly, I'd have to put him in the category with the Target guys. Dumbass.

WNGMSTR 07-15-2014 01:29 PM

Yep, he has absolutely no right to go about his day freely.:rolleyes:

If one is going to OC you'd better be prepared to defend that "RIGHT" as most of the LE in this country have been trained to disarm the public. Physically or thru intimidation to the point where most are afraid to expose a firearm even under the most innocent of intent.

The pyscho latino gal with the shotgun should be counting her blessings.

clr8ter 07-15-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

even under the most innocent of intent.
I'm not sure that phrase is applicable. These people's intent is to basically pick a fight. They have no other reason to have a rifle on them. I watched a video from Cali where the cops made sure it was unloaded, as per the law. (It was) So, that right there removes all defense arguments. What is left? NOTHING. They're picking a fight. Want proof? Who takes an unloaded gun, and walks around with it "while my car is being washed" (that's what the Cali guy actually said), while videotaping the WHOLE time? No one.

Now, if someone said, "I live down there, and I'm going to the range a mile down the street.", whole different story. But so far I have never heard of that.