Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Write Letters, here is mine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

If anyone on here lives in Oregon , look up off, Oregon firearms federation. Wrote my reps through their website. Definitely got their attention and netted return responses.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #12

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Here's a letter I e-mailed to the NY Times, Washington Post and our local paper. I also sent a copy to a local(well, Knoxville) TV Station.

The Sad fact is that Connecticut has some of the strictest Gun Control Laws in the Nation and they failed to work to stop this tragedy. Why would anyone think that passing similar laws on a National Level would have any better chance of stopping something like this from taking place in the future?
No one seems to remember the 168 people killed, 19 of which were children under the age of 6 and the 680 others wounded by a bomb in a Ryder Rental Truck in Oklahoma City in April of '95. Of course the media won't bring that up because it doesn't fit with their Anti-Gun agenda. Never the less more people were killed and almost as many children and all without a gun. If a maniac has a desire to kill people a way will be found and no law or laws can stop it.
All stricter Gun Control Laws will do it take more guns out of the hands of Law Abiding Citizens who use them to protect their families and for recreation. If the government really wants to do something positive then they need to get rid of Gun Free Zones and allow people the Right to carry a firearm for their protection and the protection of others. If just one of the 6 teachers that were killed would have been armed and trained to use a firearm this entire situation would have turned out very differently. The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

This is the War Room!"

Old 12-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1075 Times on 702 Posts
Likes Given: 609

willl be editing some of theses thoughts to send out later today

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
fmj

Liked 749 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
No problem, The letters have been sent to all of my reps.
I got a phone call from one immediately. He is in full suppport, no AWB,

My other state representative responded with the common country sense answer, I cc'd him on the note to Becker and will try to arrange a meeting with Becker and McCune.

The bath-tub is pertinent considering my ally.

Dear Glenn,
I'll think about what the anti-2nd Amendment folks want after they outlaw baseball bats, knives, fertilizers, bath tubs, etc.
Merry Christmas!
Rep. McCune

You must be getting different news, everything I see is that Adam Lanza is 20 years old ?

I will keep you posted
After doing a giggle search...which up to this point i had refused to do on that murdering POS..it turns ot i am wrong. The POS WAS 20 and not 24!!

Sorry KG7

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 12-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #15

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Also, the person they are labeling this mass murderwith was 24...not a minor.
Just wanted to point out, I thought Adam Lanza was 20, which would put him below age 21 which in my state you must be 21 to buy handguns as well as to carry concealed, I don't know what the law is in Connecticut. I believe the brother Ryan who was the first reported shooter was 24 yrs old, not the actual shooter Adam.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 12-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #16
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
Just wanted to point out, I thought Adam Lanza was 20, which would put him below age 21 which in my state you must be 21 to buy handguns as well as to carry concealed, I don't know what the law is in Connecticut. I believe the brother Ryan who was the first reported shooter was 24 yrs old, not the actual shooter Adam.
OK this makes sense...i turned off the "reporting" after the first couple hours.

Its federal law thats 21 to purchase handguns. In IN its 18 to apply for and receive a CCW permit.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #17
Camo, you are lucky to see it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1702 Times on 942 Posts
Likes Given: 5177

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
OK this makes sense...i turned off the "reporting" after the first couple hours.
And the news on the incident and the firearms involved is still changing

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL

Old 12-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #18
Camo, you are lucky to see it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1702 Times on 942 Posts
Likes Given: 5177

I received my response from Senator Randi Becker.
Thinks are looking better.

Glenn,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my message. I apologize if I was not clear in my original message: as a longtime-member of the NRA, I fully support our Second Amendment rights. My message was only intended to provide you information on how this issue will be debated in the coming legislative session, as not all legislators share our views on the right to bear arms.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to you and yours /s/

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL

Old 12-22-2012, 01:48 AM   #19

Liked 2368 Times on 1478 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I sent a copy of FMJ's post modified to me to my two republican senators, and the following to our democratic rep.

It's not a great written piece, laggy phone and tired. I tried.
Mr. Chandler,

I'm writing you in response to the events following the horrible shooting in CT. I am a father and feel horrible about what has happened. As I know your aware, there are many actions being taken in the wake of this travesty, actions that will take away our constitutional rights. I for one as millions of other owners of firearms, will not stand for this.

It was proven in the ban of 1994 under Clinton that gun violence only rose, and that CT is currently under the same ban at the state level. Not only is "gun control" ineffective and harmful as statistics show, it is unconstitutional.

Mr. Chandler, what is your stance on this matter? Will you stand up and fight for our rights of gun ownership? This I ask you to, stand up against the gun control, and fight this. Uphold the constitution that founded this once great country.

Please let me know your stance on the matter.

Respectfully,

Xxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #20
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
I sent a copy of FMJ's post modified to me to my two republican senators, and the following to our democratic rep.

It's not a great written piece, laggy phone and tired. I tried.
Mr. Chandler,

I'm writing you in response to the events following the horrible shooting in CT. I am a father and feel horrible about what has happened. As I know your aware, there are many actions being taken in the wake of this travesty, actions that will take away our constitutional rights. I for one as millions of other owners of firearms, will not stand for this.

It was proven in the ban of 1994 under Clinton that gun violence only rose, and that CT is currently under the same ban at the state level. Not only is "gun control" ineffective and harmful as statistics show, it is unconstitutional.

Mr. Chandler, what is your stance on this matter? Will you stand up and fight for our rights of gun ownership? This I ask you to, stand up against the gun control, and fight this. Uphold the constitution that founded this once great country.

Please let me know your stance on the matter.

Respectfully,

Xxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Shes still great...the greatest ever! She just faces SERIOUS challenges to her continued existence.