Wounded Warrior Project Anti-Gun - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Wounded Warrior Project Anti-Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #11
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1733 Times on 960 Posts
Likes Given: 5280

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Where have you been? We were discussing this and other aspects of Wounded Warrior 3 weeks ago.
maybe you just have a better memory than some of us

I did take a look at their distribution of funds. Not bad, pretty high for advertising, but it may work well for them

Old 12-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #12

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
No, I apparently I wasn't here!

Old 12-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6040 Times on 2990 Posts
Likes Given: 6415

Unfortunately, after Uncle Sugar get done mandating my benevolence via tax decree, I no longer donate anything to anyone except my friends, family, the Salvation Army Kettle and neighbor's. Most of the successful charities go political sooner or later anyways, they wont do it with my dollar. Sadly, the US Government isnt any better dollar per waste than the worst private charities.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #14
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

If you read my signature block you will see a Charity Organization that will never be political. It is the most successful on the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Unfortunately, after Uncle Sugar get done mandating my benevolence via tax decree, I no longer donate anything to anyone except my friends, family, the Salvation Army Kettle and neighbor's. Most of the successful charities go political sooner or later anyways, they wont do it with my dollar. Sadly, the US Government isnt any better dollar per waste than the worst private charities.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 02-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #15
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1844 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 3814

You might want to add anti-religious to the list.

http://nation.foxnews.com/wounded-warriors/2013/02/01/wounded-warrior-refuses-accept-money-church

A Christian church and school in Florida are devastated after the Wounded Warrior Project refused to accept their fund raising effort because it was “religious in nature.”

“We were heartbroken,” said Wallace Cooley, pastor of Liberty Baptist Church and Academy in Fort Pierce, Fla.

Cooley said they had already paid a $100 registration fee to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project and were about to launch the campaign when they received an email from the organization.

“We must decline the opportunity to be the beneficiary of your event due to our fundraising event criteria, which doesn’t allow community events to be religious in nature,” read an email from the WWP community events team. “Please note your registration fee will be refunded within the next 7-10 business days.”

WWP said as a nonpartisan organization they cannot accept event fundraising from companies “in which the product or message is religious in nature.”