Would You Sign A To The White House Stating You Will Not Comply With Registration - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Would You Sign A To The White House Stating You Will Not Comply With Registration

View Poll Results: Would you make this declaration?
Yes 20 43.48%
No 16 34.78%
Maybe 10 21.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1727 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
"80 million strong" = number of Americans who own firearms (per the NRA)

So, there are 4 million NRA members(of which I am one), or about 1 in 20 (5%) of all gunowners. Question: why do you think these people are not already NRA members? My guess:

- some don't join anything
- some are afraid the Govt monitors the membership
- some are cheap
- some don't agree with NRA policies
- some don't want to be associated with the more extreme views expressed by some members
- some don't want 800 emails per month from the NRA (sure wish that would stop!)

we could just say that 76 million or so American gun owners are a bunch of senseless, ignorant, cowardly sheep for not joining. yeah. let's do that. even though the non-joiners clearly have us out-gunned lol

No, I don't think you could say that. Maybe 76 million gun owner's lives don't revolve around guns. Not eveyone who owns guns can tolerate the actions of the NRA. I have to hold my nose to send them dues, and i do that only because I like their traning and saftey programs. The NRA has told me, in their literature, so many lies and half-truths over the year, that they have zero credibility on political issues with me.

Back to the original post: Tell me why I would want to inform the government of my intention, in the future, to become a felon? What does that get me, or you for that matter. I think it shows a serious flaw in logic.

Don't you think, that if the worst happened, that list would be very important to those law enforcement agencies? I would think that would label you "armed and dangerous" and restrict their desire to take you peacefully.

Throughout history, the biggest mistakes people or governments make is to underestimate the capabilites of their enemies. Tweaking the tail of the tiger can result in you being eaten by the tiger.

Carl Sagan

Old 01-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #82

Liked 535 Times on 322 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Will Rogers once said,

There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on an electric fence.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Did anybody draw the "Boston Tea Party" correlation yet? I could have missed it.

I do love a good Earl Grey with a bit of cream & sugar.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2254 Times on 1336 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

No 'Tea' to throw over board here, but I do draw the correlation to what Rosa Parks did!
We need to refuse to (comply) go to the back of the bus!!!!
I too like my Earl Gray like you do!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #85

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
Will Rogers once said,

There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on an electric fence.
What if your all three?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #86

Liked 535 Times on 322 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Then they should make a movie about you regarding a severe multiple personality. You'd be another Joanne Woodward like in the movie "The Three Faces Of Eve." Please invite me to the movie's opening. Good luck and be well!

Old 01-04-2013, 02:08 AM   #87

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
Then they should make a movie about you regarding a severe multiple personality. You'd be another Joanne Woodward like in the movie "The Three Faces Of Eve." Please invite me to the movie's opening. Good luck and be well!
When learning something new I like to read as much as possible on the subject then watch it done and finally pee on the fence and do it.