Would You Sign A To The White House Stating You Will Not Comply With Registration - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Would You Sign A To The White House Stating You Will Not Comply With Registration

View Poll Results: Would you make this declaration?
Yes 20 43.48%
No 16 34.78%
Maybe 10 21.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 489 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Over 250 years ago Benjamin Franklin published Poor Richard's Almanac. It contained a plethora of great proverbs, but one that would apply very well here would be "Loose lips sink ships." After all those years people must still be repeatedly reminded that sometimes it's wiser to say nothing.

The other side is foolishly telegraphing it's punches due to their over confidence and it's being done stupidly by those at the very top as well. It's better that they don't surprise us, therefore allowing us the opportunity to intelligently formulate a meaningful response. We're in kind of a war and we must treat each thing that's thrown at us as just a single battle. Our goal is to try to be smart during each battle and win the war in the end. We must be smarter than them and can't allow frustration to cause us to trip over our own tongues.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #62
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8276 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10703

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
Over 250 years ago Benjamin Franklin published Poor Richard's Almanac. It contained a plethora of great proverbs, but one that would apply very well here would be "Loose lips sink ships." After all those years people must still be repeatedly reminded that sometimes it's wiser to say nothing.

The other side is foolishly telegraphing it's punches due to their over confidence and it's being done stupidly by those at the very top as well. It's better that they don't surprise us, therefore allowing us the opportunity to intelligently formulate a meaningful response. We're in kind of a war and we must treat each thing that's thrown at us as just a single battle. Our goal is to try to be smart during each battle and win the war in the end. We must be smarter than them and can't allow frustration to cause us to trip over our own tongues.
I am approaching it more from the angle of the Declaration of Independence. I don't think that is telegraphing. It is a warning of what will come if they continue on their path.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I am approaching it more from the angle of the Declaration of Independence. I don't think that is telegraphing. It is a warning of what will come if they continue on their path.
You have to realize that during the 1700's the govt had little if any information on individuals. Today this regime has more information concerning our fellow citizens than Hitler and Stalin did put together.

They know where you live, the RX you're prescribed, as well as your medical history. They know your income and taxes paid, as well as your worth and your debts. They know what vehicle you drive and what flights you've taken, or ships you've sailed on. They know where you work, or if your retired and how you travel. They know what you research and write on the internet. They know the phone calls you make. They know what organizations you belong to and heaven forbid if it's The John Birch Society. They know who your family members are. They know what guns you've purchased over the counter and what you have registered. If need be maybe even your ammo purchases. They know your military history and criminal record. Now that's only for starters.

These are not the same times as when the Declaration Of Independence was signed. This isn't anything even close to the America I remember growing up in. I wouldn't put it past them, whoever them are, to drop daisy cutters on their own people if the situation called for it. Remember, New Orleans during hurricane Katrina is just a small example of how far they might go, while we think they want to protect us.

They know us very very well, but we don't know them. They already know what we're thinking, but just don't care. Our lives are an open book, but theirs are in a vault kept away from prying eyes. These are very sad and frustrating times that we live in, but I believe it would just be smart if we played our cards close to the vest.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
You have to realize that during the 1700's the govt had little if any information on individuals. Today this regime has more information concerning our fellow citizens than Hitler and Stalin did put together.

They know where you live, the RX you're prescribed, as well as your medical history. They know your income and taxes paid, as well as your worth and your debts. They know what vehicle you drive and what flights you've taken, or ships you've sailed on. They know where you work, or if your retired and how you travel. They know what you research and write on the internet. They know the phone calls you make. They know what organizations you belong to and heaven forbid if it's The John Birch Society. They know who your family members are. They know what guns you've purchased over the counter and what you have registered. If need be maybe even your ammo purchases. They know your military history and criminal record. Now that's only for starters.

These are not the same times as when the Declaration Of Independence was signed. This isn't anything even close to the America I remember growing up in. I wouldn't put it past them, whoever them are, to drop daisy cutters on their own people if the situation called for it. Remember, New Orleans during hurricane Katrina is just a small example of how far they might go, while we think they want to protect us.

They know us very very well, but we don't know them. They already know what we're thinking, but just don't care. Our lives are an open book, but theirs are in a vault kept away from prying eyes. These are very sad and frustrating times that we live in, but I believe it would just be smart if we played our cards close to the vest.
Then, they should know better than to follow the path they have laid out, and they should already know what my level of compliance will be.

If they know sooo much, and they almost certainly do, then they already know which of the rest of you they will have trouble with as well. I doubt our signatures or lack thereof on the proposed petition could have much impact on our future treatment at the hands (or feet) of our would-be masters. It has been said that "knowing is half the battle"; well DOING is the other half and the part that will require more guts and determination and sacrifice than i think they will be able to muster.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 01-01-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #65

They know of many who they'll have trouble with because they were advised as such. People can say and do all they want, but I said all I could, which is more than I even liked. Wishing luck to all wanting to openly say what they feel.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #66

I'm not into poetry, but this very old poem says everything I've been trying to express eloquently. If this isn't understood and agreed with, then so be it.

Every Man Should Have A Rifle

By Henry Lawson 1907

So I sit and write and ponder, while the house is deaf and dumb
Seeing-visions "over yonder" of the war I know must come.
In the corner-not a vision-but a sign for coming days
Stand a box of ammunition and a rifle in green baize.
And in this, the living present, let the word go through the land,
Every tradesman, clerk and peasant should have these two things at hand.

No-no ranting song is needed, and no meeting flag or fuss-
In the future, still unheeded, shall the spirit come to us!
Without feathers, drum or riot on the day that is to be,
We shall march down, very quiet, to our stations by the sea.
While the bitter parties stifle every voice that warns of war,
Every man should own a rifle and have cartridges in store!

Old 01-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #67

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
I'm not into poetry, but this very old poem says everything I've been trying to express eloquently. If this isn't understood and agreed with, then so be it.

Every Man Should Have A Rifle

By Henry Lawson 1907

So I sit and write and ponder, while the house is deaf and dumb
Seeing-visions "over yonder" of the war I know must come.
In the corner-not a vision-but a sign for coming days
Stand a box of ammunition and a rifle in green baize.
And in this, the living present, let the word go through the land,
Every tradesman, clerk and peasant should have these two things at hand.

No-no ranting song is needed, and no meeting flag or fuss-
In the future, still unheeded, shall the spirit come to us!
Without feathers, drum or riot on the day that is to be,
We shall march down, very quiet, to our stations by the sea.
While the bitter parties stifle every voice that warns of war,
Every man should own a rifle and have cartridges in store!
Very good poem...never heard it before.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:00 AM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1969 Times on 1165 Posts
Likes Given: 936

If you can't get at least a simple majority on a GUN forum to oppose this sheepeople are alive and well!!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #69
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8276 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10703

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
If you can't get at least a simple majority on a GUN forum to oppose this sheepeople are alive and well!!!!
Not sure if its what you mean, but the poll results are pretty disappointing to me.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:17 AM   #70

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
our greatest enemy is ourselves ... 80 million strong and only 4 million members of the NRA So what if you don't agree with the NRA 100% ... each and every gun owner in America can afford to piss away the $25 it costs for a yearly membership for the most capable organization that can help us

$25 ... that's $.07 a day ... recycling a mere 2 soda cans a day would cover the expense! I challenge ANYBODY who is NOT a member to rationalize against that!!!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This