Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Would You Sign A To The White House Stating You Will Not Comply With Registration

View Poll Results: Would you make this declaration?
Yes 20 43.48%
No 16 34.78%
Maybe 10 21.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 06:40 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl View Post
Don't think I'd want to participate in that one. I don't want my name on any hit list formulated by the gov. Think I'll just keep my mouth shut and watch what happens.
That is unfortunately, the biggest problem gun owners have right now other than gun grabbing politicians. Gun owners not speaking out for their rights.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #42

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

I've contacted my representatives, filled out petitions on Whitehouse.gov (which I am getting tired of doing) I mean, it has done nothing for the president to change his mind on the gun control issue.

I'm not afraid to contact anyone on the federal and state level. I make my message very simple, and to the point. I state no emotion, I just simply express my opinion in very few sentences with a short title that explains my concern on the upcoming Assault Weapons ban. I'm not worried about a confiscation, it isn't an issue right now and may never be.

It is also important to make a few telephone calls, you don't have to, but contact your representatives one way or another! It is very important for you to do.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #43

Liked 82 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68 View Post
That is unfortunately, the biggest problem gun owners have right now other than gun grabbing politicians. Gun owners not speaking out for their rights.
Make no mistake, just because I'm not signing this petition DOESN'T mean I am not speaking up for my rights as a gun owner!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #44
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5523 Times on 2731 Posts
Likes Given: 5869

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentialPyro View Post
I have a question. Why is everyone always preaching on here about stuff like this which is an open forum but would not say it on another open site? What's the difference? IMHO big brother pays more attention to sites like this than a dumb PR petition site.
I have an answer, most of us dont say things that would get us looked at or locked up cause we like our freedom. Personally, I would never say of do anything in Public that I wouldnt do in front of my Mother, thats just my rule of thumb for not getting a literal or proverbial asswhoopin. Lastly, most of the rest of the news and chat systems out there are not places I would hang out and bother expressing my thoughts, they are bastions of liberalism and my views will change nobodies mind on them. Been there, done that, waste of my ticking away time, tick, tock, tick, tock,,,,

Old 12-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #45
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7670 Times on 4427 Posts
Likes Given: 9900

Well, the poll results are showing roughly equal results so far. That is disappointing. Though, on the other hand, the Revolution was won with less support.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 12-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #46

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Well, the poll results are showing roughly equal results so far. That is disappointing. Though, on the other hand, the Revolution was won with less support.
The law abiders are more willing to vote is my guess.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 12-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #47
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1338 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 3322

When I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of The United States of America I have already told the government what I will and will not do.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
People Like This 
Old 12-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #48
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7670 Times on 4427 Posts
Likes Given: 9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
The law abiders are more willing to vote is my guess.
What, in this poll? The poll is not asking if you are are a criminal, or have engaged in criminal activity.

The question is, at its roots, would you comply with an unconstitutional law restricting firearms,

or would you make a statement saying you would not comply,

or are you unsure?

I have sworn to uphold the Constitution against all enemies. I see this heading in the direction of an attack from within.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #49

Liked 79 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswann1 View Post
Yeah man, I know what that kind of pain is like. When my gun collection fell victim to that awful alien abduction, a part of me died that day
Funny you say that because I had my guns in the car driving by a lake and hit a bump they all fell out into the lake.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #50

Liked 79 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 69

I would sign it also though if someone made it.