Would You Sign A To The White House Stating You Will Not Comply With Registration - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Would You Sign A To The White House Stating You Will Not Comply With Registration

View Poll Results: Would you make this declaration?
Yes 20 43.48%
No 16 34.78%
Maybe 10 21.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Only things i sign these days are checks --
You can save a buck or two if you give that up

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #22
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6877 Times on 3453 Posts
Likes Given: 7454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Why not tell them you won't comply with the increased taxes when we fall off the 'cliff'?
Good question, same answer. Im more worried about keeping my gun loaded and ready than giving them the ammo to fire at me. Once written, it cant be unwritten but can be used against you.

When me and my buddies were young, we had rules for unapproved conduct-
1)- No pictures, ever!
2)- No discusion of it in public, on the phone or in writing
3)- Even under full blown out parental interrogation, Name Rank and serial #, thats it, nothin more, take you licking and keep your mouth shut!

We werent any better than todays kids, just way better at being bad! I learned to be less bad as I got more old but still follow the rules of bad conduct in questionable situations because they work so damn well.

I will survive to fight another day, that is most important for me and those who depend on me to keep them safe.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #23

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
You can save a buck or two if you give that up
Not many around these days anyway-
Plastic & direct deposit is the norm

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2142 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 796

I don't mind signing petitions. But I am not going to sign a petition that states I am willing to break the law.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 12-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #25

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

I don't want to be on record anywhere signaling my intent to break potential future laws.

The only petition that will get Congress' attention is called the voting booth. The largest fear both parties have about the NRA is the perceived numbers of "one issue voters" among our ranks. Believe me, outside of a complete idiot Congressman (Keith Ellison), my state Minnesota has a powerful 2nd amendment contingent that reflects the will of our large number of hunters/outdoorsmen. Some of the most hard leaning lefties don't want to mess around with gun ownership, as they know that their jobs will be gone.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #26

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts

Someone right it up

Please!!!!

I'll sign it in big bold calligraphy...

Old 12-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
OK, We have a bunch of posts and threads on the question, but how about this? I propose that we set up a new petition on the White House website that would state our refusal to comply with any future orders to register and/or turn in any and all legally owned firearms and/or firearms related accessories including but not limited to ammunition and magazines that we currently possess. It would be a protest using passive resistance. The beauty of this is that it would underscore the fact that this is not about guns, it is about people.

I must admit, this would be an extremely bold move, and one that would be very difficult to get enough people on board with where it would make any impact at all. Personally I would have trouble drafting such a petition if I were to be one of only a few hundred or perhaps only a few thousand to sign.

The statement could be worded so that non gun-owners could sign as well in support of the Second Amendment.

What say you all?
Would I sign an online petition to the White House telling them that I will not register or turn in my firearms? Why don't I just cut out the middle man and send them my guns now? Yeah, that's it. After they have my name I'll just wait by the curb and flag them down when they come to get them.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #28

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Good question, same answer. Im more worried about keeping my gun loaded and ready than giving them the ammo to fire at me. Once written, it cant be unwritten but can be used against you.

When me and my buddies were young, we had rules for unapproved conduct-
1)- No pictures, ever!
2)- No discusion of it in public, on the phone or in writing
3)- Even under full blown out parental interrogation, Name Rank and serial #, thats it, nothin more, take you licking and keep your mouth shut!

We werent any better than todays kids, just way better at being bad! I learned to be less bad as I got more old but still follow the rules of bad conduct in questionable situations because they work so damn well.

I will survive to fight another day, that is most important for me and those who depend on me to keep them safe.
My thoughts exactly! Why tip my intentions to anyone that could use them against me?

Old 12-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #29

Liked 1651 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 361

A brief answer to the poste is; no. The petition craze has gotten goofy. I can see the meeting with Obama and his staff now.....

Obama: Who's idea was this petition s***?

Staff: dead silence....

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 12-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #30
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2724 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

I think the petition is not a bad idea! But you have got to realize at the very top of our government, dealing with Chicago politics. They do what they want anyway, their way or the highway as long as they can get by with it and retaliate to keep their control. Ever heard of the mob in Chicago real close! I think the best way to approach this is to take the time to write, call or e-mail your Congressmen and Senators regarding any potential of preserving our rights and second amendment. Be stern with them and let them have no doubt on how strong you feel about protecting our rights. I have sent three separate communications to Senator Corker and Congressman Diane Black in the last month. Of which they have promptly responded to evey one of them. And especially last week when I inflected the issue of the Feinstein Gun Ban Proposal which would make honest citizens criminals over night. Only to support an unjust purpose of the administrations manipulation depending upon emotions to introduce the start of gun control which probably in time would result in an attempt to confiscate weapons from the citizens of the United States. Which I also advised them in no certain terms that there would be serious consequences and resistance without a doubt if that should ever be allowed to occur. I also advise the real problem here was mental health issues which the government has totally failed in that area. And of course no God or Prayer in the schools and other places. No sense of respect or accountability for anything! Look at Operation Fast and Furious and Benghazi lately on the adult level! And the lies in an attempt to divert the truth was a great example. Also lack of discipline and the conditioning to violence being conducted by movies and games for younger people who should be sheltered until old enough to understand the total consequences. And especially with those who are mentally ill! But in closing, I advised both if any government thought that they could come and confiscate and destroy for example my grandfather's and family guns! Well! there would be consequences. They can at least reflect the opinions of their constituents in Washington without having a Chicago reaction of retaliation isolating one certain individual. Like they did with Joe the Plumer since Obama did not like what he said! They can not get along on the budgets and spending cuts. They can not agree and get along on much these days so there is our in! I know Congressman Black is a stance supporter of the Second Amendment and NRA. Corker is also pro-gun.
With any resistance to violations of our rights there would be an issue. They can not effectively enforce illegal immigration let alone 350 Million guns and 150 Million gun owners.
They will have a real serious mess on their hands should it ever come to that! So we all need to be vigilant not just here in discussions but in actions! Contact your Senators and Congressmen!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 12-30-2012 at 06:55 PM.
TDS92A Likes This