Would You Sign A To The White House Stating You Will Not Comply With Registration
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Would You Sign A To The White House Stating You Will Not Comply With Registration

View Poll Results: Would you make this declaration?
Yes 20 43.48%
No 16 34.78%
Maybe 10 21.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8586 Times on 4958 Posts
Likes Given: 11149

Default Would You Sign A To The White House Stating You Will Not Comply With Registration

OK, We have a bunch of posts and threads on the question, but how about this? I propose that we set up a new petition on the White House website that would state our refusal to comply with any future orders to register and/or turn in any and all legally owned firearms and/or firearms related accessories including but not limited to ammunition and magazines that we currently possess. It would be a protest using passive resistance. The beauty of this is that it would underscore the fact that this is not about guns, it is about people.

I must admit, this would be an extremely bold move, and one that would be very difficult to get enough people on board with where it would make any impact at all. Personally I would have trouble drafting such a petition if I were to be one of only a few hundred or perhaps only a few thousand to sign.

The statement could be worded so that non gun-owners could sign as well in support of the Second Amendment.

What say you all?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I have no problem with it. But I don't think you will see a lot of support for such a move. Although with so many prying eyes looking at social media these days I"m sure that if someone was looking for people of that mind set there would be tons found there. So I would say in a way many have already made the pledge. So do do it on said petition really wouldn't make much of a difference.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #3

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

I think its a wonderful idea.

But it would have to be very carefully crafted so as to make sure its not an illegal call to insurrection. ( or cannot be construed as such).
Also I think the community has a bit pf petition fatigue right now, since we produced and signed quite a few lately.

Also since it's a petition it cant just be a statement aka "hell no, we wont do X etc" it has to be asking the WH to do somehting.

So my suggestion would be something like " We the people ask the White house not to start a civil war, by attempting to confiscate etc etc etc etc"

I would wait until feinswines Bill has been presented and the Media buzz about it is maximized.
Because that will also maximize popular anger and will give you the leverage you need, to have some run-of-the-mill gunowners sign on.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Last edited by bluez; 12-29-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #4

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Sounds like a fabulous idea however I'm one of those that suggests you sign ur name they know u have a gun. Sorry not me

Old 12-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #5

Liked 500 Times on 299 Posts
Likes Given: 231

The White House couldn't care less about any petition. Common sense dictates you shouldn't telegraph what you intend to do, especially when a law may be broken. Without saying a word, or giving warning a person should do what he, or she feels is necessary. I recently read that the majority of weapons that were to be confiscated in Australia weren't surrendered and were never seen again, but rest assured they do still exist somewhere where they can be brought to service if the situation should call for it.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #6

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Well in my case it wouldn't matter anyway. After the fire the few remaining guns I had where lost in that fateful FTF boating accident back when. It's sad really. I become half a man that day...dang sharks!

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 12-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #7
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8586 Times on 4958 Posts
Likes Given: 11149

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I have no problem with it. But I don't think you will see a lot of support for such a move. Although with so many prying eyes looking at social media these days I"m sure that if someone was looking for people of that mind set there would be tons found there. So I would say in a way many have already made the pledge. So do do it on said petition really wouldn't make much of a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
I think its awonderful idea.

But it would have to be very carefully crafted so as to make sure its not an illegal call to insurrection. ( or cannot be construed as such).
Also I think the community has a bit pf petition fatigue right now, since we produced and signed quite a few lately.

Also since it's a petition it cant just be a statement aka "hell no, we wont do X etc" it has to be asking the WH to do somehting.

So my suggestion would be something like " We the people ask the White house not to start a civil war, by attempting to confiscate etc etc etc etc"

I would wait until feinswines Bill has been presented and the Media buzz about it is maximized.
Because that will also maximize popular anger and will give you the leverage you need, to have some run-of-the-mill gunowners sign on.
Which is why I bring it up now. As I see it this would not be a spur-of-the-moment petition (and you are correct Bluez, it would probably not be appropriate on the White House website) but rather a Statement of Fact that would go to all of our representatives. It would take a great deal of time and coordination to make such a thing work.

Currently people are saying their piece in the stores, buying up all of the ammo and guns that they feel will be banned. But if they are, will those people turn them in or register them? I think probably not. We (gun owners) do not have a majority in the population, but isn't Democracy supposed to allow for the oppressed minority to be heard, and perhaps even supported, by the majority of the population? After all, this is how slaver, women's suffrage, the Civil rights movement, all have been able to benefit from this truth.

If we could just turn the tide somehow, get the anti-gunners to see that we are not evil people, and in our hands (the hands of responsible gun owners) guns are not a danger to innocents. Quite the opposite, in the hands of a responsible and law abiding gun owner, a gun is indeed a tool that ensures that freedom and our collective safety. I don't mean to preach to the choir but that is not the prevailing message that we hear these days.

I think if we plant the seed with this idea then we can get it to grow into a real movement.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:05 AM   #8

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I think it would be a good idea, but thousands would have to be in on it. If only a few hundred or a few thousand sign it, it will be a great place for the fed to look to find those they need to search if/when an AWB happens.

I honestly am not sure of what the fed is capable of, or what they will do.

-Matt

Old 12-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #9

Liked 26 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
...dang sharks!
Yeah man, I know what that kind of pain is like. When my gun collection fell victim to that awful alien abduction, a part of me died that day

Old 12-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #10

Liked 27 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I'd sign it.

-Carl-

"Music hath charm to soothe the savage beast...but I'd try a shotgun first."