Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Would you give them up ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/would-you-give-them-up-65173/)

MobileMarine 05-26-2012 04:01 AM

Would you give them up ?

If that dreadful day ever comes that Big brother decides he wants all of our firearms , Would you give them up ?
I know there are some who ONLY have one firearm for protection and are not really fanatics like others with large or high end collections .
Then you have some who would follow the rules and comply whether they have one or 100 to avoid prosecution .

Say the penalty for not complying would be 5 years in jail and or 10,000.00 dollar fine . Would you then give them up ? Or would you stand by your right , go to jail and still lose your weapons ?

I'd like to think that my response would be '' Oh they were stolen last night '' line.
For me , I only have a dozen or so out of 40+ that were purchased though a retail shop .

What if the penalty for owning it were just as bad as not turning it in ?
What if you faced extreme prosecution for using it in self defense ?

If it came down to it , would you rather be a convicted felon or a un-armed subject
Or give them up one bullet at a time ?

I also think maybe to buy a few el cheapos to give it up and claim private sell on the rest ?

jordan89 05-26-2012 04:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 46917

My thoughts.

Axxe55 05-26-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan89 (Post 814583)
Attachment 46917

My thoughts.

well said, Jordan! my thoughts exactly. if standing up and defending the Constitution makes me a criminal, then i'll be a criminal along with those who feel the same.

fmj 05-26-2012 05:29 AM

Give up what??

My virginity?

My sanity?

My Life?

Some would contend i have none of the above as it stands.

fmj 05-26-2012 05:34 AM

Give up what??

My virginity?

My sanity?

My Life?

Some would contend i have none of the above as it stands.

ScottA 05-26-2012 05:37 AM

It's a very sobering question. What's the difference between giving up my guns and giving up my freedom of speech, or religion, or assembly, or from illegal search.

Are you just going to roll over, or will you pick a hill and plant your flag and say here I die?

texaswoodworker 05-26-2012 05:55 AM

As Jordan said, come an take em. I'd rather die young and free, than live a long life as a slave to the Government.

Big-Nasty 05-26-2012 06:06 AM

You can only take them from my cold dead hands. I will fight back even if it means dieing. I remember hearing my grandpa talk a while back about gun control. Never thought I'd hear him say somethin like that as he use to be a highly strict preacher man. Lol he told me I'll kill them all if they try takin mine away. To me gun control would be a great disrespect to the founders of this country, to the men and women who have fought and died for this country, and to the ones who are fighting today. They fight for one reason, our freedom. And the Second Amendment is a huge part of our freedom as Americans.

Ranger-6 05-26-2012 06:10 AM

Give them up, the ones you got in your cache should be safe.

jordan89 05-26-2012 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 814685)
As Jordan said, come an take em. I'd rather die young and free, than live a long life as a slave to the Government.

Amen to that. Being a slave to my own government is an idea that I'm not fond of.