Would you fire a warning shot? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Would you fire a warning shot?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 458 Times on 292 Posts
Likes Given: 1397

no warning shot coming from me.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

High center mass, shoot to stop the action. That's all you'll get from me.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #23

Liked 811 Times on 520 Posts
Likes Given: 249

When I was teaching CC classes I always told them that you only draw to shoot and you only shoot to kill(stop the threat). When someone asked about warning shots(they always do) I suggested the first warning shot should be in the pelvis area and your second would most likely hit a little higher.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2448 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 3893

What trip286 said. Do not even think about firing a warning shot. You shoot to stop the threat-period. When the perp/s is/are no longer a threat you stop shooting-period. Shooting to wound a perp could get you charged with attempted murder; or get you and your family killed.

i've been involved in two home invasion shootings. Scumbags died in both those incidents. My wife and i must have done something right because we were not prosecuted after either incident. BTW: Neither of us spent any time grieving for the late perps.

Shoobee, a guy high on PCP or meth may not stop until he is dead. i read where some cops were attacked by a scumbag with a machete. They shot the perp many times before he died. The perp was so screwed up his blood was not even red.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6658 Times on 3542 Posts
Likes Given: 497

warning shots are best left in bad police tv shows. if i have to draw a gun it means my life or my wife's life is in danger and someone is going to the morgue or hospital. all shots will be to the best of my ability center mass of the bad guy until i am out of ammunition or the goblin stops. thats how it works. there is nothing or my wife own that will not be defended with deadly force.

warning shots are a waste of ammunition that could better be used to save your life
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 05-12-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #26

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

While everyone is focused and locked on the Martin case, they're overlooking another case in Jacksonville where the woman attempted to use stand your ground...and fired a warning shot. She' now off to prison. Why? Because a warning shot, in a lot of areas, is reckless discharge of a firearm, and, if you're going to take a moment to fire a warning shot, why are you firing in the first place, as, to most folks, you fire a warning shot, you obviously weren't in that much danger.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #27

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
I know of no way to mercifully or humanely to shoot anybody with a firearm. Warnings consist of "STOP!" A shot across the bow is for navies. As far as picking your shot, on a moving target under extreme stress- Good luck. Me- shooting for the biggest piece I can see until it changes shape or catches on fire.
Dog gone c3. "catches fire", what kind of ammo are you shooting. Or do you have a dillion gun? I like your style!

Old 05-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #28

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

Dog gone c3. "catches fire", what kind of ammo are you shooting. Or do you have a dillion gun? I like your style!
These babies!! 100 feet of flames!
image-19501794.jpg  

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:46 AM   #29

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

These babies!! 100 feet of flames!
Yea, seen the professional russian utube with those. I imagine cleaning your gun would be a chore after some of those.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:56 AM   #30

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

Yea, seen the professional russian utube with those. I imagine cleaning your gun would be a chore after some of those.
I would imagine so.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Closed Thread