Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > would our forefathers approve of ar 15'?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #21
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1274 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

No one seems to understand the contradiction of the government being able to regulate the laws that regulate them. That is almost equal to my employer letting me decide on my own what my salary will be. The Constitution was written first for a reason. The government was not supposed to have the power to change or delete it. There is no room for ambiguity. The absolute power has corrupted absolutely those that we elected to protect us and they need to be removed.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 04-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #22

Liked 316 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 505

Of course they would approve! Military style firearms were EXACTLY the type of firearms that the Founders meant for us to have. This in case we needed to overthrow a tyranical government.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:44 PM   #23

Liked 1081 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Well, I only had one, but I don't think he would have thought that an AR was a very manly gun.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan