Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   would our forefathers approve of ar 15'? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/would-our-forefathers-approve-ar-15-a-89175/)

molonlabexx 04-20-2013 01:38 AM

would our forefathers approve of ar 15'?

1 Attachment(s)
Today while speaking in a group, I was asked by a lady if the fore fathers would have approved of civilians owning ar 15 rifles. She continued to say that it isn't right that we match our military and police in firepower. Correcting her that the military and leos have select fire rifles, I continued by saying that we matched our military in the 1700's and so in. The " assault rifles" were a musket, they thought that was high tech. Obviously the fore fathers' standard was military match grade. I completely agree that they would approve of these rifles. If only we could resurrect them... stay vigilant

Attachment 97032

MisterMcCool 04-20-2013 03:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes.......

molonlabexx 04-20-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1220162)
Yes.......

LMFAO. Best PICTURE ever.

Axxe55 04-20-2013 03:12 AM

without a doubt, yes they would approve of us the citizens owning AR's.

people who believe the 2nd amendment is outdated and no longer needed are the ones who fail to understand the true meaning of the 2nd. they envisioned a government that had less power than the citizens and wanted the citizens to always have that ultimate power over the government, hence the 2nd amendment. it was put into place to limit the power of our government over the people.

if i had to hazard an opinion, i feel they would actually want the citezens better armed than the government.

bargeahead 04-20-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1220169)
without a doubt, yes they would approve of us the citizens owning AR's.

if i had to hazard an opinion, i feel they would actually want the citezens better armed than the government.

Because they were intelligent and and understood " Absolute power corrupts. Power corrupts absolutely."

texaswoodworker 04-20-2013 03:16 AM

The 2nd Amendment was written so that We the People could defend ourselves against a tyrannical government. At the time, the weapon of choice was the musket. Today it is the AR-15. Would our founding fathers approve of us having these guns? Your damn straight they would. It makes absolutely no sense to say the 2nd Amendment covers AR-15s, machineguns, ect. After all, our military and government is using these things, how do you expect us to resist a tyrannical government if we are limited to bolt action rifles and pump action shotguns?

Axxe55 04-20-2013 03:26 AM

it comes down to the most fundemental part of the 2nd amendment, "Shall Not Be Infringed" is the part that is the most important.

why did they make the 2nd so short and sweet when the others were pretty much longer and detailed? my explaination is this. our founding fathers were very intelligent men, who could somewhat foresee that technology would improve an knowing that, they knew weapons would evolve as well. so therefor they made the 2nd as simple as possible to be able for all free citizens to own whatever they so chose to.

bargeahead 04-20-2013 03:41 AM

Remember the Redcoats thought it unfair that marksmen with rifled Pennsylvania flintlocks were taking out the officers and non-coms from distance muskets could not reach.

Does that equate to anything today our military is trained in ?

If our Founders would be opposed to a citizen having an AR today wouldn't they have been opposed to the "unfair" sniper rifles of 1776 ?

I think NOT !

vincent 04-20-2013 03:42 AM

What's good for the goose is good for the gander...Go ask Tack how he feels about that...:cool:

bige91603 04-20-2013 03:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Of course they would

Attachment 97060