Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Wondering if I'd be approved to carry in MD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 03:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Derrick- Vermont does not require a permit to carry concealed. In MOST states, you do not need a permit to OWN a handgun. Machine guns are legal in MOST states. It must be a transferrable MG, you must be 21, able to own a firearm, and transfer must be done by a MG dealer in your home state. Transfer must be approved by the Federal BATFE, and you pay a one time $200 transfer tax.

However, do you have any IDEA how MUCH a legal machinegun will cost you? A LEGAL M16 is about $14,000 to $16,000. Yeah, count the zeros- that was not a mistake on my part.
I really have no strong desire to own one lol. I was just looking at the laws. Right now I really jsut want a mosin nagant and a Beretta 96.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:11 AM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

also I read some where, when they do a federal background check, they don't have access to your medical records. Is this true? It just dawned on me I almost joined the national guard and they did a background check I'm pretty sure and never mentioned anything.

Last edited by DerickVonD; 01-29-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #13

Liked 7550 Times on 3286 Posts
Likes Given: 1119

Medical records- no. However, records of a person being ORDERED by lawful authority to seek mental health treatment are another matter.

THAT has to do with mental competency. The "federal background check" is the same for purchase of a Marlin .22 lever action, and an M60 machinegun, and has the same disqualifying criteria.

If you apply for enlistment in any branch of the US military, you give consent for access to information on your medical records as well. There are medical conditions that preclude enlistment. I have diabetes, and would not be permitted to enlist. NOW. I did- THEN!

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

So if I receive an SSI check, that wouldn't show up either I assume.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

When I was a juvenile, my grandmother sent me to some psych ward at the hospital, would this show up or no? I was there for about eight days twice.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #16

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

It'd probably show up on your medical history... It doesn't hurt to try but the chances are slim I think.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom View Post
It'd probably show up on your medical history... It doesn't hurt to try but the chances are slim I think.
So, you are saying I'd have to purchase guns on the black market, if I wanted to purchase guns? Would there be a way to get medically cleared by a doctor? I am now more concerned with just being able to purchase guns in this state, rather than have then for concealed carry, atleast until I move out of state.

Last edited by DerickVonD; 02-16-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

This is where I was placed, for the first time at age 5. http://www.drtaba.net/?page_id=28 and the second time because my grandmom and I were arguing, so she just put me in there. I have never been ordered by a court to go to a place like this however and I have never been to a place like this as an adult. I have never received, nor has my grandmother received paper work, stating I can not purchase fire arms.

Last edited by DerickVonD; 02-17-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #19

Liked 886 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
So, you are saying I'd have to purchase guns on the black market, if I wanted to purchase guns? Would there be a way to get medically cleared by a doctor? I am now more concerned with just being able to purchase guns in this state, rather than have then for concealed carry, atleast until I move out of state.
No one is saying buy anything on the black market. Look none of us are offering you legal advice. But I'm a Maryland resident and will suggest this, go to a gun store that is not a big box store and talk with the people who deal with the paperwork every day. Then buy a damn gun, if your paperwork gets denied it gets denied. If you don't want to ever have a denied, then don't buy a pistol or "assault rifle" as defined by the state of Maryland and you won't have to fill out the Maryland specific paperwork just the NICS check.

Don't buy anything illegally, don't try to purchase a handgun or assault rifle at a gun show, that's illegal in this state(without the waiting period and paperwork). The rules are stupid and strict but it's not impossible just a hassle.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 05-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
No one is saying buy anything on the black market. Look none of us are offering you legal advice. But I'm a Maryland resident and will suggest this, go to a gun store that is not a big box store and talk with the people who deal with the paperwork every day. Then buy a damn gun, if your paperwork gets denied it gets denied. If you don't want to ever have a denied, then don't buy a pistol or "assault rifle" as defined by the state of Maryland and you won't have to fill out the Maryland specific paperwork just the NICS check.

Don't buy anything illegally, don't try to purchase a handgun or assault rifle at a gun show, that's illegal in this state(without the waiting period and paperwork). The rules are stupid and strict but it's not impossible just a hassle.
How about in Virginia do you know? I will be moving to Virginia within a year. I will just postpone trying to buy guns until then.