Woman Gets Two Years For Straw Purchase - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Woman Gets Two Years For Straw Purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #21
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 919 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
That is unbelieveable! Where are the anti's when this kind of stuff happens rather than worrying about the LAC?
They will always be quiet about criminals using firearms.

However, because a supposed "LAC" (can't really call her that without turning my stomach) legally bought the gun, I can see the antis using this for stricter gun control measures....

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere
People Like This 
Old 03-08-2014, 11:26 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2572 Times on 1419 Posts
Likes Given: 4084

Quote:
Where are the anti's when this kind of stuff happens
Remember that stuff you were taught about convicted felons being barred from voting? Well, that's a popular myth: Convicted felons vote in most states. Convicted felons are a wing of the scalawag coalition that is the Democrat party. They vote for liberal Democrats who will make their lives easier.

Now to answer your question:

The anti's are out registering felons to vote. Janet Reno's suckling Eric Holder is threatening states over their felon voting laws.

This is the truth about felon voting in the US:

http://felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000286

Old 03-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1378 Times on 672 Posts
Likes Given: 92

And to think if you have a bullet in your pocket, even an empty shell in DC you can get five years. Woman deserved more as others have said.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Ohhhh k....................

How do you fix stupid, you give the woman a choice, the death penalty OR we give you a chance at russian roulette and a six shot revolver. Of course we ain't going to tell her theres six rounds in the pistola...............
People Like This 
Old 03-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
They will always be quiet about criminals using firearms.

However, because a supposed "LAC" (can't really call her that without turning my stomach) legally bought the gun, I can see the antis using this for stricter gun control measures....
she should have been given a much stiffer penalty. she no longer acted as a LAC citizen when she purchased the gun IMO. she was buying a gun for a convicted felon, who was barred by law from legally buying or possessing a gun to begin with, and here is where i see a problem that should have been addressed. she knew he could legally purchase a gun, so she bought it for him, she had to know he intended on committing some illegal act with it in the first place.

i can legally buy my own guns as can my wife. now if my wife buys me a pistol or rifle for my birthday or anniversary, there is no intention on either of our parts to presume that i am going to use that gun in anything but a legal manner.

this lady, with no prior criminal history was legal to purchase a firearm, which she gave to a convicted felon, and she had to know he had criminal intentions in mind for that gun. she knew. so IMO, she is guilty of providing a means that led to those being shot with that gun and is just as guilty, because of that. she should have been tried for attempted murder in the least, along with providing the means by the straw purchase.
alsaqr Likes This 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #26

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

I've been thinking about this story. It's been bothering me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
. . . . and she had to know he had criminal intentions in mind for that gun. . . .
No doubt she did, but how would you prove that without any possibility of doubt on some juror's mind? And even if you could, maybe the DA had experience with the defendant's attorney being able to suggest she might have been beaten or something if she didn't buy the gun. Her boyfriend doesn't sound like a very nice guy. Or maybe there was some other constraint on the DAs office.

I'm not saying that's what happened, and I'm not saying she's a saint, and I'm not saying my initial response isn't the same as all of yours, and I'm not saying the judge isn't loopy.

I'm saying this doesn't make sense and I suspect there is more to the story than was reported. I remain suspicious of obvious miscarriages of justice. I've worked on a newspaper and have known a few apparent miscarriages that really weren't if you knew all the details. I bet Fox knows it's audience, what they want to see, and reports accordingly. I bet there's more to this story. I sure hope there is.

Last edited by Vincine; 03-08-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I've been thinking about this story. It's been bothering me.No doubt she did, but how would you prove that without any possibility of doubt on some juror's mind? And even if you could. Maybe the DA had experience with the defendant's attorney being able to suggest she might have been beaten or something if she didn't buy the gun. Her boyfriend doesn't sound like a very nice guy. Or maybe there was some other constraint on the DAs office.

I'm not saying that's what happened, and I'm not saying she's a saint, and I'm not saying my initial response isn't the same as all of yours, and I'm not saying the judge isn't loopy.

I'm saying this doesn't make sense and I suspect there is more to the story than was reported. I remain suspicious of obvious miscarriages of justice. I've worked on a newspaper and have known a few apparent miscarriages that really weren't if you knew all the details. I bet Fox knows it's audience, what they want to see, and reports accordingly. I bet there's more to this story. I sure hope there is.
i understand what you're saying and can't say i disagree with your assessment of the case. you brought up some good points to give some consideration.

my opinions stem pretty much by what i have read and are the only thing i have to base an opinion on. now if new facts of the case come out, my opinion on this matter may or may not change in light of those facts.

now just for hypothetical thinking, if she was coerced or forced to buy the pistol for her boyfriend, then coerced into a plea agreement by her lawyer and the prosecutor, than IMO yes, i can see her being a victim in this as well. that is purely speculation on my part in a hypothetical situation for me.
Vincine Likes This 
Old 03-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2572 Times on 1419 Posts
Likes Given: 4084

Look at the woman's picture. Worked in a prison and watched how inmates manipulate females into supporting them with cash and dope. i know almost exactly what happened. That convicted felon told the fat chick she was beautiful, etc. He gained her confidence and she bought a gun for him, knowing full well the scumbag was a violent felon.

The judge could have sentenced her to six years on the charge she plead guilty to.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-13-2014, 04:52 AM   #29
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 919 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
she should have been given a much stiffer penalty. she no longer acted as a LAC citizen when she purchased the gun IMO. she was buying a gun for a convicted felon, who was barred by law from legally buying or possessing a gun to begin with, and here is where i see a problem that should have been addressed. she knew he could legally purchase a gun, so she bought it for him, she had to know he intended on committing some illegal act with it in the first place.

i can legally buy my own guns as can my wife. now if my wife buys me a pistol or rifle for my birthday or anniversary, there is no intention on either of our parts to presume that i am going to use that gun in anything but a legal manner.

this lady, with no prior criminal history was legal to purchase a firearm, which she gave to a convicted felon, and she had to know he had criminal intentions in mind for that gun. she knew. so IMO, she is guilty of providing a means that led to those being shot with that gun and is just as guilty, because of that. she should have been tried for attempted murder in the least, along with providing the means by the straw purchase.
That's why I called her a "LAC", and not a LAC or lac...

While anyone that has a modicum of common sense knows she knew what his intentions are/were, being able to actually prove it is something else. All that can be proven beyond all doubt is that she's a complete idiot.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-13-2014, 04:57 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
That's why I called her a "LAC", and not a LAC or lac...

While anyone that has a modicum of common sense knows she knew what his intentions are/were, being able to actually prove it is something else. All that can be proven beyond all doubt is that she's a complete idiot.
and the deal she pled to may be because their were circumstances that we haven't seen or heard about. benefit of the doubt, she may have been forced t buy it for him.

and i have to agree, knowing someone is guilty of a criminal act is much different than proving them guilty.
Mason609 Likes This