Woman Found Murdered 2 Days After 911 Call - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Woman Found Murdered 2 Days After 911 Call

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
We had a 911 call the other night. DB would not answer the door, then got upset that we kicked the door in. "I don't have to answer the door." You're right, right. You do not have to answer the door after your girlfriend calls 911. Just don't be surprised when we kick the door in to make sure she is OK. And, no. We are not paying for the door.
proper use of no knock search IMHO!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 08-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #12
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7104 Times on 4275 Posts
Likes Given: 8611

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
proper use of no knock search IMHO!
No, they did knock. There was no answer. The 911 caller's safety must be followed through..........and it was.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #13

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
We had a 911 call the other night. DB would not answer the door, then got upset that we kicked the door in. "I don't have to answer the door." You're right, right. You do not have to answer the door after your girlfriend calls 911. Just don't be surprised when we kick the door in to make sure she is OK. And, no. We are not paying for the door.
Thats the kind of cop that doesn't care that the courts don't hold him accountable for other's safety.

He'll do what it takes to make sure someone's safe anyway.

Thats the difference between "law enforcement" and a peace officer.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 08-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #14
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
No, they did knock. There was no answer. The 911 caller's safety must be followed through..........and it was.
understood....i was just commenting on the use of force against the barrier. I actually got a chuckle out of it.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 08-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvia View Post
Wow.... Wtf. So the cops just knocked and then left without getting to the bottom of it?!
Probably the a$$hole had already killed her and left the house before the police got there.
Kicking in the door would not have saved her.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8276 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10702

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Probably the a$$hole had already killed her and left the house before the police got there.
Kicking in the door would not have saved her.
It does not matter. They failed in their duty IMO. That's what it boils down to. Had they kicked the door in and found her dead the killer would not have had a two day head start on them.

Have the arrested the killer yet?

Old 08-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
It does not matter. They failed in their duty IMO. That's what it boils down to. Had they kicked the door in and found her dead the killer would not have had a two day head start on them.

Have the arrested the killer yet?
You're right. Maybe if they'd shown up when she was on the phone she'd still be alive.
I rode with a cop one night in Indianapolis, In, whom I thought was a friend. He got a call with a woman screaming in the background while the dispatcher was talking to this cop, "He's knocking down the door, he's gonna kill me!" The cop was about 5 miles away from the lady's house. On the way to the call, he stopped a motorist, and claimed he was drunk. It turned out to be a politician, so he had the guy park his car, and the cop gave him a ride home. Then he went a little farther and stopped a man who was walking down the street. Put him in the car and talked to him for about 20 minutes, let him go. Then he took his sweet time going to the house where the lady had been screaming. He called for backup and waited another 10 minutes for another cop to show up. When he finally went to the door, it had been 45 minutes since the lady stopped screaming. Then he called for an ambulance, a body bag and a coroner. I asked the cop to take me back to the station so I could go home. I never spoke to him again. Obviously he was stalling until he would be in no danger when he got there. His excuse was "We're covered up! We can't keep up with the workload!" Yeah, sure.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 08-23-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8276 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10702

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
You're right. Maybe if they'd shown up when she was on the phone she'd still be alive.
I rode with a cop one night in Indianapolis, In, whom I thought was a friend. He got a call with a woman screaming in the background while the dispatcher was talking to this cop, "He's knocking down the door, he's gonna kill me!" The cop was about 5 miles away from the lady's house. On the way to the call, he stopped a motorist, and claimed he was drunk. It turned out to be a politician, so he had the guy park his car, and the cop gave him a ride home. Then he went a little farther and stopped a man who was walking down the street. Put him in the car and talked to him for about 20 minutes, let him go. Then he took his sweet time going to the house where the lady had been screaming. He called for backup and waited another 10 minutes for another cop to show up. When he finally went to the door, it had been 45 minutes since the lady stopped screaming. Then he called for an ambulance, a body bag and a coroner. I asked the cop to take me back to the station so I could go home. I never spoke to him again. Obviously he was stalling until he would be in no danger when he got there. His excuse was "We're covered up! We can't keep up with the workload!" Yeah, sure.
Good Lord! I have no idea what I would do if I were in that car. I probably would have at least talked to his superiors about it. I am speechless.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

After that incident, I checked on the whole mess and found that it was typical for it to take 45 minutes for somebody to show up when they got a call of a crime in progress. It appeared to be some kinda chicken-$#!t agreement between them to do that. I'm glad I no longer live in that city.
PS That was over 35 years ago. I have no idea what it is like now, since I don't live in Indy anymore.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 08-23-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #20
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7104 Times on 4275 Posts
Likes Given: 8611

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
understood....i was just commenting on the use of force against the barrier. I actually got a chuckle out of it.
I got a laugh out of this, too. Robocop is a big guy. He is NOT who I'd want to see on the other side of my kicked down door.