Woman Found Murdered 2 Days After 911 Call
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Woman Found Murdered 2 Days After 911 Call

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2121 Times on 1147 Posts
Likes Given: 3192

Default Woman Found Murdered 2 Days After 911 Call

This lady was found dead two days after calling 911 and reporting that her husband was attacking her. Police responded, requested a call back that went to voice mail, checked w/neighbors and left the scene. A fine job by the Dallas PD.

Quote:
Once obtaining an address, the dispatcher gave the call to the first available police field element. The officers that received the call arrived at the location and knocked at the door. When no one answered, they requested a call-back of the caller which went to voicemail. They also checked the perimeter windows of the home and spoke with neighbors who reported that they had not heard any disturbance.

.................................................. .................................................. .

According to police records, Deanna Cook called 911 about 10:54 a.m. Friday. She could be heard screaming for her ex-husband to stop attacking her. "Delvecchio, why are you doing this?" Cook yelled, according to police records.

"Red, please stop, I didn't do anything to you," she said, referring to him by his nickname. ...

Two days later, as Cook's family grew concerned about her well-being, they went to the home and found her dead.

Even worse: Delvecchio Patrick, the blog noted, "has a history of alleged domestic violence against his wife, Dallas County court records show."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 678

and yet people still think the police are a better protection option than a firearm.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
People Like This 
Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts

Wow.... Wtf. So the cops just knocked and then left without getting to the bottom of it?!

Old 08-22-2012, 02:07 AM   #4

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

The police have no legal responsibility to provide protection to any individual citizen.
This has been discussed here before,I believe,and if anyone makes me have to go find the relevant court cases making a post demanding that I prove it,I'll scream bloody murder.I swear I will.Go find it yourself.

Anyway,I often am at a thoughtful conundrum where I wonder if the police have been found to have no legal demand to provide the protection that taxpayers believe they are paying for,isn't that misrepresentation of a service?

If the police cannot be held legally accountable for providing defense then technically all their true job remains to be is to investigate crimes and enforce myriad and sundry laws that usually result in fines that benefit the state.

In other words,by law- they are there to enforce and collect,not serve and protect.

(this does not reflect on the duty records of any particular officer,nor is this meant as a "bash",this is simply me pointing out the legal facts and what I believe to be the ramifications of such)

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 08-22-2012 at 02:11 AM.
People Like This 
Old 08-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #5

Liked 2525 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 2428

Maybe they should take that stupid lettering off of the patrol cars that says "to serve and protect".

Old 08-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #6

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

What and write the truth?

"To Enforce and Collect" might not be such a popular slogan.........

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%
People Like This 
Old 08-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Maybe they should take that stupid lettering off of the patrol cars that says "to serve and protect".
Most localities they arent legally allowed to put that on the cars anymore...

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 08-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #8

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
They don't have them on NYPD Police cars. They have the "Courtesy, Professionalism, Respect" slogan which is a really big lie.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2742 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 231

We had a 911 call the other night. DB would not answer the door, then got upset that we kicked the door in. "I don't have to answer the door." You're right, right. You do not have to answer the door after your girlfriend calls 911. Just don't be surprised when we kick the door in to make sure she is OK. And, no. We are not paying for the door.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 08-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #10
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7119 Times on 4285 Posts
Likes Given: 8650

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
We had a 911 call the other night. DB would not answer the door, then got upset that we kicked the door in. "I don't have to answer the door." You're right, right. You do not have to answer the door after your girlfriend calls 911. Just don't be surprised when we kick the door in to make sure she is OK. And, no. We are not paying for the door.
I have a feeling this is "damned if you do and damned if you don't". You're the kind of cop I'd want in my town. Thank you.