Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Winchester to Deliver 200 Million 40-Cal. Rounds to Homeland Security

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 12:52 AM   #1
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1697 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 3474

Default Winchester to Deliver 200 Million 40-Cal. Rounds to Homeland Security

Did not see this is the other sections. Read some of the comments. Article is from 2009. No wonder a bloody shortage for 40 Cal around here.

Winchester to Deliver 200 Million 40-Cal. Rounds to Homeland Security

Winchester to Deliver 200 Million 40-Cal. Rounds to Homeland Security

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Winchester Ammunition was recently awarded a contract by the Immigration, Customs and Enforcement (ICE) division of the Department of Homeland Security to supply a maximum of 200 million, 40 cal. rounds over the next five years.

The load selected for this contract is a 135-grain, hollow point designed for the office of Field Operations of Customs and Border Protection. It will fall under the Winchester Ranger line.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-02-2010, 01:54 AM   #2
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 286 Times on 161 Posts
Likes Given: 41

That's MP 5-40 ammo... This can't be good.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Considering that if you shoot an illegalista, you go to jail.......... 200 million rounds of ammo for CQB. Hmm.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 09-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Actually,

I qualify my officers every 3 months and use approximately 300 rounds per officer per qual. I have over 700 officers here in my port alone. It adds up.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #5

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Actually,

I qualify my officers every 3 months and use approximately 300 rounds per officer per qual. I have over 700 officers here in my port alone. It adds up.
Damn Scubie, it's nice to see you actually require your folks to get trigger time. We have contract security here at Ft Stewart and they qualify on our local range in town. I've seen most of them shoot and it's pretty sad - the safest place to stand while they're shooting is directly in front of them...

Old 09-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

First things first here - Let's take some of the tinfoil down and do some basic reading comprehension.

First, the order is for UP TO A MAXIMUM of 200 million rounds over (5) Years.

That's not 200 million PER year like some idiot put on the remarks in that link.

So, that is closer to a MAXIMUM of 40 million per year. Okay, that sounds like a lot of ammo to me.

Yeah, but according to the infamous Wikipedia, ICE employs 15,000 people. But, let's say a lot of those are just plain old desk jockeys and people processing paychecks and wire taps. Let's say they only have HALF that number as active, door kicking field agents that need to train on a regular basis. Okay?

Scary, but okay....

40,000,000 rounds / 7,500 Operators = 5,333 rounds per shooter.

Holy Sh*t JD, what's wrong with you. Obviously they are arming a death squad!!

5,333 rounds per shooter for the course of ONE YEAR:

5,333/12 = 444.44 rounds per month.

That's about 100 rounds per week and a few left over to rotate your carry stock because I have yet to meet a cop who keeps the same rounds in the mag week after week.

I am PRETTY effing sure NGIB has traded more pistols than that just this year alone.

Relax. They are buying in bulk to keep costs down.

JD

Old 09-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Thumbs up

Honestly, I'm A-OK with the ICE guys getting all the ammo they could possibly want. Maybe i will start hearing more English spoken at the convenience store.

Seriously, after that raid at Howard Industries, ICE is my favorite federal agency.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:55 AM   #8
RDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
First things first here - Let's take some of the tinfoil down and do some basic reading comprehension.

First, the order is for UP TO A MAXIMUM of 200 million rounds over (5) Years.

That's not 200 million PER year like some idiot put on the remarks in that link.

So, that is closer to a MAXIMUM of 40 million per year. Okay, that sounds like a lot of ammo to me.

Yeah, but according to the infamous Wikipedia, ICE employs 15,000 people. But, let's say a lot of those are just plain old desk jockeys and people processing paychecks and wire taps. Let's say they only have HALF that number as active, door kicking field agents that need to train on a regular basis. Okay?

Scary, but okay....

40,000,000 rounds / 7,500 Operators = 5,333 rounds per shooter.

Holy Sh*t JD, what's wrong with you. Obviously they are arming a death squad!!

5,333 rounds per shooter for the course of ONE YEAR:

5,333/12 = 444.44 rounds per month.

That's about 100 rounds per week and a few left over to rotate your carry stock because I have yet to meet a cop who keeps the same rounds in the mag week after week.

I am PRETTY effing sure NGIB has traded more pistols than that just this year alone.

Relax. They are buying in bulk to keep costs down.

JD
No Big Deal here - I've constantly shot 1,200 to 13,00 rounds every month for YEARS.

Joined John Birch Society in 1961; when others were Hippie Scum & NOW they're running our Country!

I'm MUCH MORE Conservative NOW.